MZpog

Pill keys - original option?

Bought myself a pill key recently as I needed a 2nd key and liked the look of them (plus I got to tell the child the led is a laser beam).

Anyway the vast array of costs for the blank got me thinking (upto £70, I think not) as to whether were they an original option on the Corrado?

Bought myself a pill key recently as I needed a 2nd key and liked the look of them (plus I got to tell the child the led is a laser beam).

Anyway the vast array of costs for the blank got me thinking (upto £70, I think not) as to whether were they an original option on the Corrado?

I don't believe they were an option in the traditional sense (like order them when you order the car) - my best guess is that they were probably a parts desk special accessory that you could just walk into a dealership and buy, much like the stuff they currently sell - VW GTI watches, keyrings, jackets, umbrella's, etc etc..

I don't believe they were an option in the traditional sense (like order them when you order the car) - my best guess is that they were probably a parts desk special accessory that you could just walk into a dealership and buy, much like the stuff they currently sell - VW GTI watches, keyrings, jackets, umbrella's, etc etc..

They are not on the Corrado section of EKTA, just the MK 2 Golf one, also they never made a VR6 version of the pill key.

So I suspect that they were an option as part of the MK 2 Golf accessories range although I have not seen them in a brochure from that period.

Classic Parts is selling them along with other key blanks for 65 Euros - bit cheaper than the robbing chap on fleabay has been, although I do remember they were £20 from the stealers not all that long ago!

Pill Keys

They are not on the Corrado section of EKTA, just the MK 2 Golf one, also they never made a VR6 version of the pill key.

So I suspect that they were an option as part of the MK 2 Golf accessories range although I have not seen them in a brochure from that period.

Classic Parts is selling them along with other key blanks for 65 Euros - bit cheaper than the robbing chap on fleabay has been, although I do remember they were £20 from the stealers not all that long ago!

Pill Keys

Got a blank (obviously a copy) from Ebay for £20 and like how it looks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84797[/ATTACH]

I was given one of these as a pressie from a mate of mine when I had a 16V Mk2 years ago, which I never got cut. I hadn't considered getting it cut for the Corrado.