Alphebetized

first car and having problems.

Im a new driver and my first car happens to be a corrado that needs work. my car was fine up untill I pulled up to my house. I decided to do a walk around and check my doors and locks. I noticed my car door doesn't open my door anymore (the exterior door handle). I have to open the left side so I can access my right door handle from the inside to open my door. does anyone know a cheap fix?

Remove the handle with the door open. Its just a single screw in the jam to remove it (You'll see the thread for it on the handle itself in this pic). Beware, I can't remember which but one of the screws (LH or RH) is reverse thread.

You'll see the two parts on the inside of the handle in the pic too, but my guess is one of them has snapped. Its quite common, and the stainless replacements for sale on here or on ebay are a worthwhile upgrade.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-G60-VR6-16V-Door-Handle-Defect-Repair-set-Door-Handle-NEW-/191501623961?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item2c9662e299:m:m0t0BJNzuJtkpf-1xanItIw

Im a new driver and my first car happens to be a corrado that needs work. my car was fine up untill I pulled up to my house. I decided to do a walk around and check my doors and locks. I noticed my car door doesn't open my door anymore (the exterior door handle). I have to open the left side so I can access my right door handle from the inside to open my door. does anyone know a cheap fix?

Please be sure to search the forum for answers to future problems.. this is one of the most common / classic Corrado problems :) The forums built in search is pretty junk, but you can search the site using Google... if you search on using the following syntax:

site:the-corrado.net

So for example:

site:the-corrado.net broken door handle

You should find a wealth of threads to help you :)

Please be sure to search the forum for answers to future problems.. this is one of the most common / classic Corrado problems :) The forums built in search is pretty junk, but you can search the site using Google... if you search on using the following syntax:

site:the-corrado.net

So for example:

site:the-corrado.net broken door handle

You should find a wealth of threads to help you :)

Nothing like a telling off on your first post..

If it's a broken lock. You're need to take the door card off and remove the clipped in door handle wire, to get the handle out. Dave on here does a good repair kit.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?10426-Door-handle-repair-kit-THEY-ARE-NOW-AVAILABLE&highlight=Door+handle+repair+kit

Where are you based maybe someone local can help.

Edited by delfinis38

Nothing like a telling off on your first post..

Come on.. it's not a telling off - just letting them know that information like this has come up lots of times before and it might enable them to find quicker answers to problems in the future rather than waiting for a response from someone!