GUS

Roose Hose Kit offer / VR6 coolant non-return valve

Just as FYI..

Roose have a Cyber Monday offer.

Just got 25% off the complete VR6 kit.

Use code: CLUBCYBER25

Great quality these :)

agree - only in retrospect i wouldnt bother with the jubilee clips & keep the OE constant tension ones

Got a set of these too and very happy with them. I did go for their jubilee clips in the end too and again all seems well.

Got a set of these too and very happy with them. I did go for their jubilee clips in the end too and again all seems well.

tidy

keep an eye on the clip for the inlet on the aux water pump, mine came loose ;)

Decided on the gloss black with the clips.

Are these a straight swap over or do I need to utilise anything from the original set up.

There is a non return valve in one of the pipes that goes to the throttle body. You will need to extract that and transfer it into the new pipes!

There is a non return valve in one of the pipes that goes to the throttle body. You will need to extract that and transfer it into the new pipes!

i have heard of that before Jim - i wonder if stealth did it when they fitted my hoses during head refurb

Pretty sure it wasn't done on mine. I get the sound of water gurgling from behind the dash when I put the ignition on after the car has been sat for a while. I bought the non-return valve suggested by Jim Bowen on here but wasn't sure which way round it needed installing and onto which pipe so haven't fitted it yet!

yeh these are great - I went for the OE with Roose branding to differentiate it from the standard a little more but keep on the right side of rice.

Just a fyi for anyone looking to keep the constant tension clamps: it is tight! I had to use a remote clamp with a woodworking clamp attached to the handles on certain clips :lol:

Oh and the little non return goes into the pipe nearest the rad on the throttle bottle; there's a small chamfer on the non return that enables it to slide into the pipe a little easier - this also determines the orientation for flow (at least on the OE one).

Pretty sure it wasn't done on mine. I get the sound of water gurgling from behind the dash when I put the ignition on after the car has been sat for a while. I bought the non-return valve suggested by Jim Bowen on here but wasn't sure which way round it needed installing and onto which pipe so haven't fitted it yet!

ahhhh - you know i have always wondered why the VR started to do that gurgle after id got it back from stealth

from memory i think i mentioned it to vince but im not sure

Oh and the little non return goes into the pipe nearest the rad on the throttle bottle; there's a small chamfer on the non return that enables it to slide into the pipe a little easier - this also determines the orientation for flow (at least on the OE one).

This is going to make me sound like an idiot but... I'd rather ask the question and get clarification, than do something stupid and burst pipes in my engine bay :)

I'm still none the wiser :) I've got an aftermarket non-return valve to fit so I need to know which pipe it goes onto as you stand looking at it, and which direction the coolant is flowing when the system is running so I know which direction the non-return needs to face.

I've attached a picture with the throttle body from a different model VR6 but... has the same inlet / outlet..

Tbh, my memory is a little sketchy on flow direction, I only noted that the chamfer went into the pipe first (the pipe nearest the front of the car as you look at it). From a little digging the flow is heading towards the throttle body on that pipe so an aftermarket check valve would need its arrow pointing to the left as you're looking at it.

Just to confirm that that digging was reliable I just popped off that pipe and I cannot blow up it but I can get a mouthful of coolant when sucking :gag:

Just to confirm that that digging was reliable I just popped off that pipe and I cannot blow up it but I can get a mouthful of coolant when sucking :gag:

LOL. Well really appreciate you doing that - glad to finally understand how I need to install the non return into number 2 in the diagram, and flow direction is towards the throttle body. I'll get that installed now :)

No probs, anything to distract me from a tax return. Didn't notice the numbers from the small pic but that is absolutely correct yep.

LOL. Well really appreciate you doing that - glad to finally understand how I need to install the non return into number 2 in the diagram, and flow direction is towards the throttle body. I'll get that installed now :)

hmm methinks i need to take a look at this too

Jim, would you mind letting me know where you got the after market one, place & part number if possible pls?

an update with a pic when you do yours would be very much appreciated too :)

It's one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251270362764

Alloy mini type - only thing I'm not sure about is the size.. can't remember if it was the 6 or 8mm version. Pretty sure it's 8mm :)

thanks Jim

will keep an eye on the thread to see how you get on

i wonder why Vince didnt swap the valves out of our original hoses

They may not even be aware of it I suppose. Also in my case, I helped out a CCGB member who's hose had split after they'd driven to Coventry (for Motofest earlier this year) - luckily it was on a Saturday, so drove over to Stealth and took my existing hose off my car whilst it was mid-way through the rebuild... so they didn't actually have the old hose available to them, to take the non-return valve out of.

They may not even be aware of it I suppose. Also in my case, I helped out a CCGB member who's hose had split after they'd driven to Coventry (for Motofest earlier this year) - luckily it was on a Saturday, so drove over to Stealth and took my existing hose off my car whilst it was mid-way through the rebuild... so they didn't actually have the old hose available to them, to take the non-return valve out of.

indeed Jim - i cant recall if i asked Vince about it at the time, something is niggling me that i did but im not sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34903517

You don't want to be drinking antifreeze!

Holy sheeet, how did he not taste that!? She looks like she's had a dose or two n'all, face like a smashed lasagne.

It fine that's what's being served in Aylesbury pubs these days :)

Sure this coming weekend will attest to that, I'll be on the Goke (Guinness & Coke) :D