Gti_Jamo

G60 PG Pistons WANTED

Collecting parts to build another engine for my Corrado. I've got pretty much everything except 4 pistons so give me a shout if you have any to sell. No silly prices please. Must have conrods and end caps.

I have a engine that I can drop the pistons from. When you state no silly prices what are you looking to pay?

Cheers for your replies. Just let me know how much you guys are looking to get for them then i'll decide. As i'm always looking for a bargain, don't want to insult with too low an offer.

Incidently, I have a set of 1h rallye pistons, what kind of value is them?

Jamie

Jamie, didn't i sell you something a few months back?? your name rings a bell..

Mark answered first so i'll let him see your reply.

Can't you use the ralley pistons?

Jamie, didn't i sell you something a few months back?? your name rings a bell..

Mark answered first so i'll let him see your reply.

Can't you use the ralley pistons?

As far as I know you can only use Rallye pistons in the Rallye block due to their smaller size..

The 1H engine used in the Rallye is 1763cc and used a 80.6mm piston.

The PG engine in the Corrado is 1781cc and uses a 81mm piston.

I thought i knew all about these bloody engines.. Never even seen a ralley engine..

Why the Christ would Vw make the block smaller and use smaller pistons is beyond me, already having built the pg???

Pleeeeze enlighten me dudes.

I thought i knew all about these bloody engines.. Never even seen a ralley engine..

Why the Christ would Vw make the block smaller and use smaller pistons is beyond me, already having built the pg???

Pleeeeze enlighten me dudes.

Simples...motorsport and the multiplication factor applied to forced induction. The capacity was reduced to stop them moving up a class. The Golf G60 uses the PG engine.

Edited by marks2

Don't think I've got anything off you before Veedubbed, not bought anything in a while. I was looking for a parcel shelf last time I think. Yeah I have a rallye engine in my Corrado just now but it has an issue with one of the bores. I was either going to bore out the rallye block to PG specs or just rebuild a PG block. You can't fit a rallye cylinder head on a PG block as the rallye has larger head bolts. Also the rally cylinder head has smaller inlet and outlet ports, smaller valves too over a 'P' head i'm sure so is restrictive in regards to air flow.