stu37

Project Parts, 2.9 engine & G23 Adapters!!

Hi guys I have decided mid project to have a sort of some parts that are no longer required and decided to put them up for sale.

(Photo's to follow shortly)

G23 Wheel Adapters 5x120 to 4x100 x 4 18mm thick all round. These are an exceptional set of adapters in excellent condition and not to be confused with the cheap Chinese eBay rubbish. £200 posted.

Apex 35-40mm lowering springs for a VR6 (brand new and unused) sadly the box deteriorated when left outside in the rain by an idiot courier (SOLD)

2 x rear adjustable Koni dampers, in used but serviceable condition in full working order with no corrosion to the dampers. (SOLD)

Full Cat Back Miltek Exhaust System for a Corrado VR6, in used but great condition. With nicely polished boxes and no nasty dents or marks. (SOLD)

Also I have a complete 2.9 VR6 engine which is imminantly about to be pulled from my own car as part of my turbo project, the engine has been well maintained and runs sweetly with quiet chains and top end (unlike some) currently on 141k from an unmolested car. I intend for the engine to come complete with inlet/tb/loom but minus alternator/flywheel and clutch.

£600

Any questions please ask guys. Any serious enquiries please drop me a message/ text or call to 07859238100. Based in Cardiff South Wales.

Edited by stu37

If the engine is collection only it might be worth stating whereabouts you are?

I can't see a price mentioned for it either?

If the engine is collection only it might be worth stating whereabouts you are?

Comments noted.

Why put it up for sale then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he had a PM from someone between the time of posting, and your post asking about it?

Maybe he had a PM from someone between the time of posting, and your post asking about it?

Thanks Jim, beat me to it stumvr6 directly above your first post had already sent me a pm.

Pre Panjo forum rules were to establish a clear interest via the for sale thread then go to PMs for finalising details?

"PM sent" on a sales thread containing several items can only lead to confusion and sometimes disappointment for others interested in the items.

Without rules we have anarchy?

But ultimately its the sellers item to do as they so wish with whatever they're selling.....

Pre Panjo forum rules were to establish a clear interest via the for sale thread then go to PMs for finalising details?

"PM sent" on a sales thread containing several items can only lead to confusion and sometimes disappointment for others interested in the items.

Without rules we have anarchy?

But ultimately its the sellers item to do as they so wish with whatever they're selling.....

I've always said all along it's a pointless rule as it's unenforcable and clearly people have done it forever, myself included. I'm not even going to attempt to try and enforce that rule to be honest.

I've always said all along it's a pointless rule as it's unenforcable and clearly people have done it forever, myself included. I'm not even going to attempt to try and enforce that rule to be honest.

No problem, if you can't beat them (I'll happily) join them.

But confusing communications is neither good for the buyer or the seller?

I take your point - but, and I'm not trying to cop out here, I just 'work' here. I don't set the forum rules or guidelines.

I can feed it back to the admin and see if he can change it though.

In fairness, the buyer just put PM sent, it's not the sellers fault here. There was contact made on the thread, it just wasn't very specific. It's a bit ambiguous, but seems a little over dramatic drawing this out........ Just my 2 pence. :o

I'm not being dramatic, throwing toys and anything else for that matter, I pointed out that poor communication can lead to chaos in a for sale thread containing multiple items.

Feel free to delete my posts to tidy the sellers thread.

It's OK - the seller gets a free bump :) We can split the posts off at a later point for housekeeping / tidyness purposes.

And I didn't consider your post overly dramatic or anything else.. we're just discussing it.

Re-reading the "rules" it says: Cars for Sale & Parts for Sale are open forums, and we encourage open communication. It is the seller's responsibility to update the thread with full details, including informing when the item is sold.

To me the pertinent point is the use of the word encourage. We encourage it, but we don't demand it. And in terms of updating items as they sell, not everyone is glued to the computer like a geek (like me!) so sometimes it takes time for the thread to be updated accordingly. I dunno.. at this point I don't think we need to do anything. It's not like these kinds of disagreements or talking points occur regularly, and I'm happy to just deal with them on a case by case basis.

Accept my apologies gents, only seen this thread now. I should have included the items I was interested in at the time. It was a rushed response between other things.

Thanks