Cressa

Roof gutter trim

Just watched a you tube video and it looked easy. ... ha ha

Oh yes. Thought I'd use some hot water as well. I poured hot water over the length of it, lifted the rear part, slid it to the rear then it all came out.

Done in less than 5 minutes!! And NOT broken. It's a bloomin miracle. I waited longer for the kettle to boil.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just watched a you tube video and it looked easy. ... ha ha

Oh yes. Thought I'd use some hot water as well. I poured hot water over the length of it, lifted the rear part, slid it to the rear then it all came out.

Done in less than 5 minutes!! And NOT broken. It's a bloomin miracle. I waited longer for the kettle to boil.

winner!!

are you planning on refurb'ing them?

Yes. I'm wondering what people paint them with tho, as the ends are plastic trim.

These must be the first bits of trim I've removed that haven't cracked, ripped or broken. Surprisingly easy. . For a Corrado

Yes. I'm wondering what people paint them with tho, as the ends are plastic trim.

These must be the first bits of trim I've removed that haven't cracked, ripped or broken. Surprisingly easy. . For a Corrado

cool

my thought was always about the degraded flakey material part as i am unsure if it could be replaced.

i did wonder how they would look with that just removed as i will never put roof bars on lol

it is possible to get a primer which is designed to work with plastic, which is meant to adhere to the plastic & then allow the paint to adhere to the primer

i have a feeling i used the one from halfords when i refurb'd the 7 slat grill for the valver & the results were nice - pics in my members thread

i guess if you then use a flat matt black it would kind of replicate the OE finish

do you have anything in mind for the sticky strip on the underside?

When the time comes and I've cleaned these up, I'm thinking tape on the bottom again, and even black silicone in it. ...

When the time comes and I've cleaned these up, I'm thinking tape on the bottom again, and even black silicone in it. ...

a decent car body tape should be ok i would have thought - not so sure on the silicone as it could give a wonky fit & be a beatch to remove if you wanted to

Body tape will be more than enough on its own as long as all surfaces are clean. You could even give the paint a little key up and wipe over with panel wipe. Also warming up the tape will help it stick better.

It's all just isopropyl alcohol. Used by bodyshops after tack cloths to ensure surfaces are dust and grease free prior to painting.

Did anyone say alcohol, what a waste :)

Not sure you should be using a fine single malt for doing it :)

i found some auto glym tar remover was superb in producing a clean surface to re-mount the side strips on the gf's storm

it also made removing the old sticky stuff very easy

just dont leave it on the paint for too long lol

Panel wipe is a weaker version of tar and glue so its kinder to paint and it evaporates quickly. The stuff jim said from Halfords will do the trick.