Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

20v turbo conversion

I did'nt do the conversion myself, so i dont know the in's and out's of it, it does go straight in on the original mounts thou, i think

Do you not prefer the vr6 then, sometimes i wish i had a vr6 instead of my 20vt, purely for the soundtrack!

yeh no doubt you cant beat the sound of six cylinder but i've heard the 20vt is a very tunable engine especially if you start with the 225 bhp, hearing from ppl even bolt on parts have big gains.

Yeah they are very tunable, ive only got the 150bhp golf version, but im getting a revo chip soon to give around 220bhp, and when ive cained the current turbo to death, jabbasport 350bhp ihi turbo conversion....here i come!!!

I've done my conversion myself, if you want info on what you need to do for the conversion have a search both on this site and the performace VW forum for past threads on the subject... there are loads. Engines prices vary from £700 through to £1500, I got mine for £750 all in, so bargins are about if you know where to look.. If you want power on a budget then the TT engine is a good place to start, with a chip you can obtain 270-290bhp. If you want mega grunt then as james mentioned the Jabbasport IHI kit is a killer of a package, 360bhp, 330 lb of torque with little turbo lag and I can vouch for that! I was so impressed that I had to put that set up on my 20vt corrado! When undertaking a 20vt conversion there are a few hidden costs like boost pipes, management that one needs to be aware off, but they are a wicked bit of engineering excellence.

Hope this helps....

Ben

Ben....4wd and 360bhp, you've got to have the ultimate corrado, the power of that must be insane...i like it!!

Have u got any times for it yet?

There cant be many everyday cars that can get near that, what cars have u beaten so far?

For the money it'll cost to swap in a 20VT then IHI it, you could take a VR6 up to ~350-380bhp while retaining stock ECU.

Ben....4wd and 360bhp, you've got to have the ultimate corrado, the power of that must be insane...i like it!!

Have u got any times for it yet?

There cant be many everyday cars that can get near that, what cars have u beaten so far?

Still not on the road, but I hope to have it finished by August... will let you know the performance of it when I have my first drive!

can't wait...!

what is required for the full conversion, engine, gearbox, ecu, wiring loom, is there anything custom involved like engine mounts etc..

Bournemouth 20VT James,

Hello Mate,

How much for a 20VT conversion? including parts and labour? Who would you recommend?

Look forward to your reply.

:D :D :D

If I remember rightly, Bournmouth James' C was done at JBS in Chesterfield.

If you give them a ring and speak to James, he should be able to give you a quote.

There number is 01246 550400

I've had a bit of work done there and can't fault them.

what is required for the full conversion, engine, gearbox, ecu, wiring loom, is there anything custom involved like engine mounts etc..

Some custom work is required like downpipe and boost pipes, engine mounts are standard 16v ones...