Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

soft top corrado

What do they do with the cars when they remove them?! Sell them off or put them into storage or something?

Gman, Autostadt was excellent I spent one evening and one day there and still did not manage to see everything, the main entrance building has some really interesting things to see, about the environment, car manufacture and working at the factory.

They have a car museum which includes non VW cars. There are sperate buildings for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley & Lamborghini. Its not directed just at car enthusiasts, its like a millenium dome focused on cars. I drove a Toureg on a 4x4 course too. Unfortunately the factory was on a months shut down so I could not tour it, but would have only been 15mins anyway so Karmann more than made up for that. The glass towers where the cars are stored are really impressive, you can see cars being delivered and removed from their parkings spaces and even watch customers collecting their new cars.

Jim, The cars at Autostadt were mainly standard, the special ones in the museum I think they will probably keep forever, theres lots of weird and wonderful cars, plenty of air cooled and some South African VWs. Their std Corrado was a Green Storm which was sold in England and later bought back! One less for us then!

I also went to Stuttgart for Porsche, Ingolstadt to the Audi Forum and Nurburgring. I'll have to put a post about the trip on here. I did the trip with a mate in his Vento 1.8CL slammed on 17s and covered 2000 miles in 6 days!

If there is a way of publishing them, I could send a CD to the forum with all the photos from the trip.

Hi Phil - how much data is on the CD? I could host the pictures for the forum on my webspace without too much trouble depending on how much there was....