Thursdave

putting out feelers - 9A engine wanted

Hi folks, looking likely I'll be going down the 16vG60 route with my poorly G60, and after talking to the legendary John down at JMR, first step on the road would be a 9A engine.

Anyone got one for sale? What sort of price should I be looking to get one for?

Cheers folks,

Dave

I've Got a forged 9A bottom end spare, 9A head too and half a g60 charger, all spares i had when i did My 16v-g60 Engine yonks ago. Forged pistons are brand new, 83mn jobbies, only ever Got the bores taken out to size and kept the lot as spares so never even run.

Be a good base for a g60 valver Engine.

Don't need the charger but that does sound very nice. Is it in a full block or just the crank and pistons? Shipping from Italy might be a pain but definitely interested, dependant on price!

Got a freshly skimmed KR head if that helps the cause and its just a short trip away down the M62

I may have a complete 9A lined up if the one from veedubbed doesn't come through. Forged internals sounds nice but my wallet is already cowering in fear!

Would a 9A block / KR head work alright with the G60 / 16vG60 conversion?

I may have a complete 9A lined up if the one from veedubbed doesn't come through. Forged internals sounds nice but my wallet is already cowering in fear!

Would a 9A block / KR head work alright with the G60 / 16vG60 conversion?

From memory, I recall one of the dowel pegs needs shortening to fit the KR head on a 9a but that's about it. I couldn't tell you about how it'd be suited to the conversion.

The head I've got has had some flow work done and is missing the KR cams, but I suspect you'd want some cams to suit the conversion in any event.

Pog's right Dave, one of the pegs need knocking flush with the block, especially when using the metal 2.0 16v ABF headgasket, like i did. I even used two before buying JE's but found that it was a crap solution.

ARP's are a must for the head and the KR head would be ideal, try and get a set of 2.0 16v ABF cams installed and you'll love it!

The block's there mate, no crankshaft though as i sold it along with the sump years back.

Anyway, you need the block+pistons so i'll try and get down tomorrow morning and pull it all out, then get you some photos sent.