ChrisL

MK1 Golf GTI Project

Any updates chris

Nothing major, I've left the Polyester a while to settle but started flatting it now. Been mainly removing the engine from the Audi.

Should have some decent updates in the next few weeks though.

Nothing major, I've left the Polyester a while to settle but started flatting it now. Been mainly removing the engine from the Audi.

Should have some decent updates in the next few weeks though.

Look forward to it... seen a few on the road this weekend... really should buy one.

Can't believe how decent the interior looks, should be awesome when finished :)

The green fabric will be changed but it really is a perfect interior.

Look forward to it... seen a few on the road this weekend... really should buy one.

You certainly should get one. I know the red campaign that was used for the wheeler dealers and also for a clarkson programme was / is for sale!

Then onto the Dinitrol stone chip stuff. Pretty much up to date, progress has been slow as we have bought a new house that pretty much needs a complete rebuild!

Looking good chris.. was wondering how this were going... you still in the same area with the house move.

Cheers! Progress is slow but it is booked in for paint in February so pretty exciting.

The house is in the same area, the new one is a 2 bed detached bungalow but we have planning permission for an extension to make it a 4 bed.

Also, because the garden is so big I can get a big garage, these are the plans for the garage:

Looks great Chris! The underside looks very factory in colour and texture, what did you use to get it like that?

Also, why have you gone Jap in the garage!? :lol:

Looks great Chris! The underside looks very factory in colour and texture, what did you use to get it like that?

Also, why have you gone Jap in the garage!? :lol:

Cheers Sean, the stone chip is by dinitrol, can’t remember the number.

I did ask for a mk7 Golf in there but the architect has a GTR

Haha, you should have been insistent!

I'm assuming the dinitrol is the grey one, 447? Did you apply it with a shutz gun? I'm just wondering how you got a similar texture to factory underseal. I'm finally going to be getting mine back together as we'll be finished on the house after Spring.

Yes, it was 447 super protect. I’ve used around 12 tins! It’s supposed to be like the original VW stuff but it’s no as rubbery. Apparently the VW stuff is available but can’t remember where I’ve seen it.

It’s applied with a Shultz fun, nice and simple.

How is the Corrado coming along?

Thanks mate. Don't think I'll need that much, its just spot repairs around some of the mounting bolts for the heat shield etc.

I've not touched the car in about a year mate. I feel terrible as its about an inch thick in dust in the garage! We moved into a period house in February which needed a little TLC. We've got the ground floor and garden left to do, though all bar the kitchen are being done in Spring. The kitchen won't be done for a couple of years yet, so as soon as the other rooms are finished I'll be back on the car. Had to prioritise for the house, and me and the missus have both got new daily drivers so spending on the Corrado has taken a back seat.

Very nice!

That garage round here would be the 4 bedroom bungalow.... and probably cost you £600k :(

Can you get that under-seal in aerosol tins? - I do have a compressor but didn't really want to buy a shutz gun and a large tin of product for the tiny bit I have to repair under one wheel arch :)

Very nice!

That garage round here would be the 4 bedroom bungalow.... and probably cost you £600k :(

Can you get that under-seal in aerosol tins? - I do have a compressor but didn't really want to buy a shutz gun and a large tin of product for the tiny bit I have to repair under one wheel arch :)

Giles it wouldn't be a bungalow.. someone would take the roof off and add another storey and sell for just over a million.

Wow really? just shows the house price difference up here.

You can buy the Dinitrol 447 in aerosol but it only comes in black. it can be painted though.