fla

VR6 Turbo kits

personally, having seen, in multiple stages, a stealth turbo being fitted to n333ppp i would say a DIY would be a massive undertaking

it is do-able but wow it is complex

Usually with turbo is don't do it on the cheap or at least done use components that haven't been proven. Turbo is the key, think of as a whole system and the components need to work well together so they should be matched. I wouldn't buy one of those kits, in fact that should be about what the turbo costs alone if not more. Im sure my GT3582r was £1200 alone.

everything I read when researching before I did mine suggested these kits are no good but it seemed like a load of folk just didn't dare try them as they seemed to good to be true!

end of the day as coullstar said I would always try to use proven parts which unfortunately come at a higher cost, as imagine if you used one of these kits spent lots of time doing it all then one of the cheap components fails causing damage to the engine and resulting in you having to pull everything apart again

I bought a fair chunk of the parts needed for mine from bartek Motorsport in Germany who have a section for vrt parts I did this when the exchange was good though so saved a few pennies that way

Neil

Loads of videos on YouTube about eBay turbos. Some work well but some fail badly leaving a big risk to the rest of the engine/ car.

I'm sure Stealth themselves use a Chinese copy turbo off eBay but then send them off to have decent bearings put in by a British company I'm sure someone on the vr6oc posted up the contact details for the company could save some pennies that way