volksworld13

Vr6 pedal position sensor( distance sensor)

Hi guys and gals

I'm in need of a pedal position sensor for my late vr6.

It's mounted in the servo, and it's keeping the abs lamp on. Any tips on fixing it? If I can't find a second hand one?

Cash waiting.

Early mk3 golfs (square side repeaters on the wings) use the same set up, many list the servo with the sensor still in it

So I can cut them open? And solder the joints?

I'll have a look on eBay for a spare.

Yep D&G autotech used to do it and stealth racing do it too

I have quite a few servos with these still in

What part number is on yours Alex?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Mine is currently with Stealth being done......just posted it to them and they will send back in a few days

Someone on here also sold me a spare, so they are available

Volksworld13, I find myself with all the symptoms of a faulty distance sensor. How did your get yours fixed in the end?

I have some more

Is it the black roundish thing that sticks out front of servo, with electrical plug?

I've just changed servo but that black thing was fine, without knowing exactly what it was know effects ABS as previously ABS light flashed on now and again, but since changed that worked perfect. Servo started leaking a bit but and changed for another which had the sensor in and is working fine.

Give me a shout if Chris can't oblige for any reason, don't mind splitting servo and sensor as servo is leaking so was just going to sling that.

Hi Chris, it would be great if I could get one from you. As a newbie, how do we do this? How much do you want for it? Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris, it would be great if I could get one from you. As a newbie, how do we do this? How much do you want for it? Thanks, Chris

Will confirm at the weekend if ok mate when have a chance to get a spare out and photo for you

Did Chris sort you our, would prefer to keep mine as spare on second thoughts, as know it's bang on and might get hard to get, Chris has loads of them.

Sorry pal yes I have one even took it out and now in garage but my mind strayed and forgot to tell you! Will pm details mate

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Hi All, just wanted to 'round the circle' on my ABS problem. The light was on intermittently and as the abs came on once at random I presumed it was the position sensor, changed but no joy. Then I thought the light was coming on more when it was raining so, as it was the front o/s wheel where the abs came on, I decided to replace the 2 front abs sensors thinking the old ones might be cracked and letting in water. Whilst I was doing this I noticed that the reluctor (new word to me!) was bent and just making contact with the sensor every revolution. So after I changed the sensors, I bent the reluctor so it didn't touch the sensor and hey presto the light stays off. You might ask how does the reluctor get bent, well I changed the wheels back to stock about a year ago and the old wheel nuts were too long, I must have bent them in the process - oops! Thanks for all your help.