Ray1965

Advise please on this Battery

Need to replace my tired battery on my VR. Been looking about and came across this at ECP also looking at Bosh S4. My old battery is a Varta 63AH does it have to be this on the replacement what is the norm AH for the VR engine?

Link to Euro CP note they have a promo code on at the moment so the battery has a £16 saving.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1995/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770631&1&2a9b7b64c6107ec176f13228adcb7afd2639d7a7&000020

I went for the biggest battery I could fit in, which is a 74ah in my VR. I even managed to source a vw bigger jacket for it. It actually likes to start now. The one you are looking at is a good battery

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I went for the biggest battery I could fit in, which is a 74ah in my VR. I even managed to source a vw bigger jacket for it. It actually likes to start now. The one you are looking at is a good battery

Got any info on the make or a link?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I went a similar path to Cressa - diesel cranking power battery, I'll go and look at the model this morning for you... I think it was one of these..

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770753&1&cc5_995

Plenty of ommph! - I asked for a bit of discount in my local ECP and they did it for 50 odd quid from memory..

With getting a larger battery and for it to fit in on the clamp, it could only be longer. So I got the Varta silver. The battery cover that I found to fit is a genuine vw one that took forever to find. Part no. S1K0915411B batt case and was £21.57 rrp plus vat.