FrankyEight

Wing Removal Tutorial

Hi all,

An incompetent driver has driven in to my nearside front wing and dented/scratched the whole thing up — leaving me to fit the bill. As funds are currently limited I wanted to see if I could take the wing off myself and try and push some of these dents out. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something similar to help me do this? Might be too complicated for me but though I'd ask first...

Thanks

It's not too tricky but they are bonded on at the rear vertical edge. Remove the bolts along the top of the wing and slam panel, remove the screws holding the inner wheel arch to the wing, there is a bolt hidden inside the door shut and one at the base of the wing into the underside of the sill. Then to remove mine, I used a hot air gun to heat up the sealant carefully and used a length of mouse line (string) to cut through the sealant while gently pulling the wing away from the body of the car.

Hopefully that helps out and I haven't missed any bolts out

You need to remove the front bumper as well(hidden bolts),which is only 4 bolts but it's best to support the engine while doing this as the bumper bolts are the main supports for the front crossmember (when these bolts are removed the front of the engine is only supported by 2 small 10mm bolts, that hold the radiator support up)