Sign in to follow this  
DanA

Neuspeed 25mm ARB

I find the std setup on the VR6 to have quite a bit of body roll. Would I eliminate some of this if I fitted just a rear updated ARB ?? It has std suspension on at the moment and I don't really want to mess with that as its all good nick (only 53k miles on the clock).

Kevhaywire has the 25mm setup front and rear altho he only had the rear fitted to start with and its that that makes the biggest improvement as you have the front as standard... I have the Eibachs which are cheaper but don't have the rose-joints that neuspeed use (I went for a pair as the front droplinks were worn and it makes sense to fit a new front ARB with the old droplinks, as its MUCH bigger in diameter)

I'm sure it would eliminate some roll but the height of the car is still the main problem as there is more momentum to increase roll...

So you reckon its better just hanging on till the shocks need replacing then going down the -35mm, koni, hr route ?

Idealy yes but it doesn't really matter if you fit the ARB before hand, but if your existing shocks are knackered then from a safety point of view you should do the damping components first...

Fitting just a rear ARB to standard suspension will reduce front wheel pitching quite nicely aswell as roll but if you're not planning on fitting better springs and dampers, you will get better results with a pair of ARBs.

Kev, where did you buy your ARB's from and what sort of price ? Also are the Neuspeed ones adjustable? cheers :)

Yep as per ChrisP. On the rear there are 3 drop link holes. Inner one is soft, middle is intermediate (normal) and the outer one is firm. You can adjust it in a matter of minutes with a couple of spanners. 17 & a 16 IIRC.

The front one just uses the standard Drop links.

C&R sell the front for £156 + Carriage and the rear one is roughly the same.

There is also a 28mm rear available if you're brave. 25mm is the max you can go on the front due to the clearance between chassis rail and ARB mount.

Cheers

Kev