robrado974

Anybody use A plan ins ?.

My ins is up for renewal. I hate it !. Ringing round trying to find the best quote. Adrian flux wanted £327.00 this year , which I think is steep. The car is modified, I live in a good area, driving since 1988, no convictions. It's on a classic policy. I phoned A plan and they have quoted £148.00 . The value I put on the car was 6k .Does anyone else use them ?.

Kind regards

Rob

Years ago.... and I mean years never had to use them in anger though..

Is the six grand agreed value as it really means nothing if it isn't...

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't A-Plan a broker? If that is the case i'd be inclined to check carefully who is underwriting the policy and what cover it offers for £148.

When Enterprise Insurance Company PLC in Gibraltar went into liquidation a number of policy owners were left stranded.

Thanks chaps , I will speak to him again. I think the insurance was with market plan or something, I think they are something to do with Adrian flux as the name rings a bell .

Funnily enough Admiral just told me they will do an agreed value policy on the VR as it's over 20 years old now. Price is likely to be around £100 for the year.

Anyone have experience of getting the value agreed and what price range they are looking at?

Strangely; not the Corrado but my Skoda VRS and Audi TTS are coming up for renewal and having been with Admiral for 10 years last year I had to switch to Aviva, this year they quoted 486 for both, A plan got them for 453.04 add a £50 M&S voucher so technically 403.04, the lad Richard was great, pleasant and very efficient and as companies are generally pathetic to customers now days, I'm going to give them a go.

Like all this Insurance, unfortunately you don't find out how good they are until you crash.

I also spoke to him about my Corrado and I'll be trying them again when that ends

I use A plan for my T5, they are huge on the T4 forum and very popular on there with some awesome reviews of cases where they have got the correct money for someones van when originally they were not offered enough.

I havnt had to claim or anything myself but Dan the chap on the T4 forum was very helpful and deals with everyone on there personally rather than just letting you speak to someone else when you call as its him that posts. I think this is a nice touch