annavr6

Product tester needed

Hi All

Got a new part i have had re produced here at VW Heritage. Got a nice Top hose for G60 engines without air con.

Would anyone like to test fit it for me? It is part number 535-121-101/B

If no one wants to fight it out with you i am happy to send this to you. I send you the bottom hose version did i not? That one is being re done at the moment.

I send you the bottom hose version did i not? That one is being re done at the moment.
- That's me. I sent the genuine VW bottom hose back for you to copy.

Will you ship the top hose out this week? I have the system drained and would like to re-instate it this week to get the car back on the road by next weekend.

Edited by marks2

Sorted, will ship it now for you. I think the post has gone for today so will be tomorrow that they collect, Should be with you weds/thurs

Edited by annavr6

Thanks Anna. Will fit on receipt and post and photos / write up.

Edited by marks2

Observations

Laying Anna's reproduction hose over the top of the original shows the reporudction to be a good copy.

The original hose has a smooth satin type finish whereas the repro is matt and dimpled.

The raised section that prevents the hose wearing on the boost return pipe is slighlty smaller than the original and the expansion tank take off has a boss that circles around the hose. These are the only obvious differences.

Form & Fit

The fit of the hose from the rad to the outlet on the head is perfect. The expansion tank take off butts up neatly to the holder on the rad. There is plenty of clearnace over the boost return pipe. A minor observation is the pad that sits on the boost return pipe is not central when fitted to my car. I doubt there will be any issues over the life of the hose.

The wall thickness is similar to the original allowing the original clips to be re-used.

One slight issue (for me anyway) is the expansion hose is approx 43cm long whereas the original is 41cm. The extra 2 cm causes the hose to come into contact with the CO Pot (see pic).

Performance

None so far although i've only covered 10 miles to date. I'll provide a update when i've got a few miles on it.

Edited by marks2

Hi, Thank you again for your help and write up. Its spot on for what we need here.

I can ask them to raise the raised section a little bit more if you think it needs it. Although i cant say ive known one to wear out previously

Hi, Thank you again for your help and write up. Its spot on for what we need here.

I can ask them to raise the raised section a little bit more if you think it needs it. Although i cant say ive known one to wear out previously

The pad size and height is good just it's location in relation to the boost return pipe. Hopefully this pic makes my description a little clearer.

I trimmed 15mm from the expansion tank pipe and it is now a much better fit on my car.

Reserecting this thread. Marks2 i dont suppose you fancy fitting a G60 bottom hose sample for me? Arrived today, PG engine with no air con its for

Reserecting this thread. Marks2 i dont suppose you fancy fitting a G60 bottom hose sample for me? Arrived today, PG engine with no air con its for

update - the G60 bottom rad hose is now on stock