poll250

VRT Values?

Hi all,

My VRT has been sat at my parents house for a couple of years (SORN, no MOT) as I've been busy with other things. A few weeks ago a guy knocked on the door saying that his friend was interested in buying it and have given me what I considered a reasonable offer to take it away "as-is".

I've since taken a look around and see quite a few standard cars advertised for £5-6k, and some talk of VRT's going for £10k. Does anyone have any recent experience of the market? I've no idea what's realistic!

I definitely want to sell it but half of me would like to fix it up and sell for a decent price, and the other half would just be happy to see it go to a good home.

Any help would be appreciated! (PM if you like).

Spec below:

Build Thread: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?47332-Poll250s-VR-Turbo

M Reg Aqua Blue Pearl Corrado VR6 Turbo

380Bhp, 375 lb/ft*

Outside

Paint is pretty good, could do with a couple of small patches and scotches sorting out, all panels are straight though etc

Clear Oval repeater

50mm Spliter

Red film tinted Lights

Lupo Wipers

Engine bay

Stealth Racing Stage 1+ Turbo conversion: T60/1 Turbo with Garrett internals,FMIC, chrome pipework, manual adjustable Forge recirc valve, later CP ecu and 4" MAF housing.

Rebuilt VR engine fitted approx 10k ago.

8.5:1 Headspacer, Autotech 262 cams, ARP Head and Rod bolts, Bosch Green top Injectors

All new engine sensors, thermo housing etc

Dubpower Ht leads

Complete Custom 2.5 inch Stainless exhaust system built at Stealth, no cat is fitted, doesn't sound too boomy at all.New rubber hangers fitted

Vibratechnics Rear Engine and Gearbox mount, BlackForestIndustries Front Mount. Holds everything steady with no excess vibration from cold.

Wallbro in tank fuel pump

13 row Mocal Oil cooler, new standard heat exchanger and pipes with longer bolt

New Genuine Radiator + elbow (one of the last left of each)*

Uprated Headlight Loom + Osram Nightbreaker Bulbs

Drivetrain

Racelogic Traction Control (with Launch Control) Really helps get the power down and eliminates wheelspin very subtly.

Fixed Steering column with the last fixed cowling available!

New wheel bearings front and rear,r32 wishbone bushes,*Ball joints,*Track Rod ends,*Subframe bushes,Powerflex rear axle bushes

Gearbox rebuilt by Riccardo in Leamington (they make the gearbox for Mclaren etc) and a Wavetrac LSD was fitted, new seals and bearings where needed.

Lightened and balanced Flywheel

New Helix clutch with heavy duty release arm

Audi S3 shift tower, TTweight and cables, mounted into OE Polo housing. Fits perfectly and gearshift is as good as a modern car.

Suspension/Brakes

17x7.5" Genuine BBS RC 323 alloys with Kumho KU tyres. Arguably one of the best wheels on a Corrado

10mm H&R hubcentric spacers front and rear

Weitec Hicon GT height adjustable coil overs.

Front: Porsche Boxster Brembo front callipers with standard VAG 312mm discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads. Pedal feel is really good and stopping power is great!

Rear: MKIV Golf rear Callipers with standard discs and Pagid pads

Goodridge raided front and rear lines

Weitec rear ARB

Interior

Recondtioned Standard Cream leather seats +doorcards

Black A,B & C pillars

Headunit with rear aux in

Panasonic speakers and tweeters

320mm Momo Race steering wheel

DDI backlit dials and Reverse LCD

Red LEDs in switches

New Headlight switch

New Window rollers

Chrome door pulls and pins

Silent coat sound deadening in doors pods, rears also filled with bubble wrap. Doors close with a nice thud.

EL Sheet Backlit heater controls red/blue colouring

Audi S-line Gearknob

Sounds like a very good car indeed. What is required to get it through an MOT? Is it not worth throwing it in to find out whats needed.

In all honesty, the £10k plus cars are hanging around for an awful long time. In reality, they're probably not going to sell for that.

The £5-7k cars are though, so long as they're in v.good condition (which this price bracket usually is). Its a limited market for VRT and highly tuned/modified cars as I'm sure you're aware, even though the work done probably far outweighs the price you'd get. With an MOT, I'd suggest slightly under £10k as a starting point, and be prepared to drop a fair amount if it starts dragging on. Depends what the guy offered you though I guess!

with a spec like that i wouldnt be able to part with it lol

as above though, all good points from sean

might be worth you dropping EJTaylor a note & ask for his experience when he sold his charged VR recently as that was quite heavily modded too

N3Ps old car sold 18 - 24 months ago for around the £9k asking price? It took several weeks before someone here committed to buying it and that was advertised elsewhere too.

It's the mainly standard cars being sold by traders that are asking big money, most hang around for a long long time though.

N3Ps old car sold 18 - 24 months ago for around the £9k asking price? It took several weeks before someone here committed to buying it and that was advertised elsewhere too.

It's the mainly standard cars being sold by traders that are asking big money, most hang around for a long long time though.

very true Dox

my gf's storm is still on that awful traders site, poor thing just sitting there but then he shouldnt be trying to make double what he paid for it should he lol

You need someone to want the car so its going to be a very small market and especially considering other cars that you can buy for similar money. True they wont have the rarity or outright performance as this will but you need to be a proper hardcore VW fan to run one of these.

You've invested a lot in the car but what is it you want from it, the performance or the fact its a Corrado?

Dare I say it but it might be easier to swap out to a normal engine, sell the VRT package and sell the car as a normal VR.