robrado974

Remember the compomotive group buy ?. cap problems .

Anyone remember the group buy we did for the Compomotive wheels around six or seven years ago ?. I had a problem with the caps then and did not have any response from Compomotive , when i asked about them . I recently bought some new caps ,as i had lost two. They are made for these wheels , they dont fit properly at all , they push on , but can be pulled off very easily and would just fall off on a slight bump in the road , hence why i have had to buy more . They dont push on and snap tight like you think they would do .At £40.00 a set you would think they were made properly . I have been in touch with Compomotive recently and their answer is to put a blob of silicone around the edge !. I think this is pretty crap really , the wheels are not cheap crap , they cost alot of money . Has anyone else had problems with caps on Compomotive wheels ?. Just a moan really , i wont get anywhere else with Compomotive .

Anyone remember the group buy we did for the Compomotive wheels around six or seven years ago ?. I had a problem with the caps then and did not have any response from Compomotive , when i asked about them . I recently bought some new caps ,as i had lost two. They are made for these wheels , they dont fit properly at all , they push on , but can be pulled off very easily and would just fall off on a slight bump in the road , hence why i have had to buy more . They dont push on and snap tight like you think they would do .At £40.00 a set you would think they were made properly . I have been in touch with Compomotive recently and their answer is to put a blob of silicone around the edge !. I think this is pretty crap really , the wheels are not cheap crap , they cost alot of money . Has anyone else had problems with caps on Compomotive wheels ?. Just a moan really , i wont get anywhere else with Compomotive .

Pic of the cap?

Could you wrap something around it like fishing line then apply glue (epoxy / araldite etc) to increase the diameter of the cap?

So is it that the tabs profile is poor or too weak to hold firmly?

I have these. They are getting loose on front 2 wheels so I've put a little tape on them prior to re fitting

Yes , that's it basically. I agree with what you are saying, make a sort of webbing . Maybe a rubber band could work , or something like that . At the moment I've got masking tape rapped around them to form a tighter seal .

I have these. They are getting loose on front 2 wheels so I've put a little tape on them prior to re fitting

That's what I have done for the time being Chris .

Some caps have a wire ring inside to push the tabs out a little to secure them, can you copy this with wire (coat hanger?) wrapped around something smaller in a vice (allowing the diameter to increase when released), it might take a little trial and error but should be doable?