Ray1965

Car Cover for Corrado

Anyone selling a good quality outdoor car cover for Corrado? Or can put me onto a good supplier.

I've got a Halfords all seasons too... but for indoor use... fits well need to fold mirrors in and remove aerial.

Edited by delfinis38

Another thumbs up for the medium sized Halfords one - works well. As has been said aerial needs to come off though whenever putting the cover on.

I used this company to get mine. The first lasted about 5 years before I ended up putting a hole in it. Extremely well made, now on my second one.

https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/stormforce-car-covers/products/vw-car-covers?variant=640763609

As stated on the other posts for the perfect fit, the mirrors go in and the aerial is removed I used to put a sponge on the aerial mount to hopefully prevent damage to the cover

Edited by ozowen

Another thumbs up for the medium sized Halfords one - works well. As has been said aerial needs to come off though whenever putting the cover on.

I've been using the lined Halfords cover for about 5 years now and it's protected my car well.

Cheers everyone good info thanks. Will look into Halford's medium cover. Question to those people who have a cover from Halford's has anyone had any issues with scratching/chaffing the paint work?

Had mine about 4 years it's excellent. Not problems so far with scratching... cars kept inside so dunno if it causes the car a problem from the elements out side... I put a soft pillow case over the Ariel base as it's quite a sharp edge and hopefully it will stop the cover ripping.

Only thing to watch for using a cover is moisture build up inside the car and also micro blistering on the paint. I had it happen with my old silver car.

I hear what you say... but if like me you have lots of traffic walking past your car and people leaning on it, walking past with zips it's a god send, and touching it with grubby hands from the allotment.

Not sure what to get here maybe this?

Top vents be ok in the wind?

Anyone had one of these recently?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/car-covers-tarpaulins/halfords-all-seasons-car-cover-medium

Or this ???

https://www.dancovershop.com/uk/product/car-cover/car-cover-premium-plus-4-7x1-66x1-27-m-grey-2.aspx

I am seriously looking at getting this one.

What do you guys think?

https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/stormforce-car-covers/products/vw-car-covers?variant=640763609

Edited by Ray1965

13106ff8b9ef948fefe178dfae3adb35.jpg

This is the halfords medium car cover Ray. Fits great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry just looked at the link, mine doesn't have the vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch for the Halfords one... until late last year my car was outside and once the clips were secure under the car it stayed put even with the gales we had.

On sunny days I did air the car thou and dry the cover off the car etc.

no vents on mine ether.

I can vouch for the Halfords one... until late last year my car was outside and once the clips were secure under the car it stayed put even with the gales we had.

On sunny days I did air the car thou and dry the cover off the car etc.

no vents on mine either.

Cheers for that Geeba I'll probably go for Halfords.