spen

Another Rear Spoiler problem.........

Bought the VR over a year ago with many problems including no working spoiler. Managed to get a new motor as I thought I would try that first and boom it worked fine from there on, raised and lowered at the correct speeds. Had an Auto-electrician guy around to strip out the alarm/immobiliser it had, as because it wasn't getting used ran the battery down. Now it doesn't raise at speed, work's fine on the manual cleaning switch under the dash just not at speed. The auto-electrician guy said change the module which I have and no difference? The VR was originally auto then changed to manual by stealth if that would make any difference? Obviously checked the fuse, I'm really a bit lost on what to do next? Any help much appreciated gents.

Thanks Tigerfish for the input, think I may need a Bentley manual to help, turning out to be a real 'puffer fish' of a job!

On my Corrado, part of the alarm (the box that feeds the motion sensors) was stuck to the spoiler control module with double sided tape. Sits behind dash near where manual spoiler switch is located. May have been disturbed when removing old alarm.

Yeah Jamo, these install standards of alarms in the 90's are shocking, i think the speed sensor's are still available from GSF where are they located exactly? Under dash or tailgate? or neither!