Bauhaus

Battery opinions

My old lead acid battery (Bosch silver plus) is well over 11 years old now and in need of replacing, I was thinking of getting another Bosch silver battery but these now use the silver calcium technology, done a bit of googling and apparently these need a higher slightly voltage to charge them properly, is anybody else on here using one or any other silver calcium battery.. as my thoughts are will the alternator be man enough ?

On paper the performance of these batteries look great compared to the Varta and the blue topped Bosch lead acid equivalents and want to take advantage of this.

Bosch sell them as direct replacement so they expect them to work with existing charging technology, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm currently running a Bosch Silver that's two years old and it's charging fine. I don't recall noting any mention of specific battery technology being used for it though.

I am a bit obsessive about batteries, so I have a Bluetooth battery monitor fitted that I can track live charge/discharge data with. I can see the alternator delivers 14.5v for fast charge and settles to about 13.8 volts later in a long journey.