annavr6

Roof rails/trims

this is great news but holy hell of a cow - £125 per side!!

£250 for a couple of strips of plastic sounds skyscraper :(

It's enough to make your eyes water

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

this is great news but holy hell of a cow - £125 per side!!

£250 for a couple of strips of plastic sounds skyscraper :(

Less that i paid for my mk2 ones from VW when they were available in 2007. So on that note i have to say its not as expensive as i thought they would be.

You got to take into account that they have had to pay for tooling etc to get it set up and running and have probably had to order a very large minimum order quantity to make it financially viable for them.

Less that i paid for my mk2 ones from VW when they were available in 2007. So on that note i have to say its not as expensive as i thought they would be.

You got to take into account that they have had to pay for tooling etc to get it set up and running and have probably had to order a very large minimum order quantity to make it financially viable for them.

i was not having a moan about the price, my apologies anna if it came across that way

I think I've got the mk2 ones also but I'm hoping these will be closer to OEM quality and worth the asking price...

Excellent news! How do I pre order? :cheers:

Now confirmed that these are in stock at classic parts. We are ordering them next week so will be about 3 weeks to arrive.

Priced at £124.95 per side, these are now available to pre order.

Excellent news! How do I pre order? :cheers:
Give them a call on 01273 444000

Think they're open tomorrow?

• Like 1

Don't forget to ask for forum discount... it needs to be a good amount :)
Discount???

Given these are such a popular part to go wrong/wear out/deteriorate in pairs usually. Why are they so expensive at £124 for one side even more if you add the postage. Given they probably come all the way from China and if one side needs changing you more thank likely need both otherwise it will not look right.

I thought by now the price would have dropped drastically for each side for this popular part.

I would need a lot of discount !! before I purchase a set/one

This is just an observation.

Edited by Rocket Ron

Given these are such a popular part to go wrong/wear out/deteriorate in pairs usually. Why are they so expensive at £124 for one side even more if you add the postage. Given they probably come all the way from China and if one side needs changing you more thank likely need both otherwise it will not look right.

I thought by now the price would have dropped drastically for each side for this popular part.

I would need a lot of discount !! before I purchase a set/one

This is just an observation.

Hi

Please see my above post in regards to price, these are cheaper than i paid for Golf ones over 10 years ago, also there are tooling costs and large minimum order quantities involved. They also come from Germany and not China.

To anyone upset regarding price - once you get into this kind of work or anyone that comes from a manufacturing background will understand the costs involved in manufacturing. The tooling, the deposit to get it off the ground, the huge minimum order quantities, delivery costs etc etc

Postage is free from us so Rocket Ron please dont presume there is some huge postage charge as there isnt one at all. We ship orders over £35 for free.

What i really dont understand is the people with these Corrados, or like me, the mk2 golf that cannot understand that they are old and parts are not available. You either have to take what you can find or pay a bit of a premium for new manufactured parts. The aircooled guys learnt this ages ago and just get on with it but watercooled customers are always the ones that moan. Sorry but remember, our cars are getting as old and obsolete as aircooled models now.

Just a thought... Rather than questioning whether they're worth the outlay or not owners need to ask whether their car is worth it or not...

Everyone has different projects on the go and budgets to work to but something as little as two plastic strips could make or break all that hard work.

I think Anna is right on the button with the corrado and it's age, the air-cooled crowd have gone crazy and the golf is not far behind.

If you have a good car now it would be wise to invest in keeping it good. These plastic parts are rare and if the story below is anything to go by then surely worth the money.

http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/teile-corrado

Hi

Anyone wanting to pre order then feel free to drop me an e mail [email protected]

Hi Anna

Have also pinged you a mail....

It would be great to preorder a pair of these please

I'm assuming they come with all necessary clips & fixings etc?

Will they fit my 93 VR?

Thanks for your time and effort & keep me posted re other parts.

Don't suppose heritage do the L & R front scuttle plastics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anna

Thank you for clearing up my thoughts. I for one appreciate yours and Heritage's effort to keep our aging watercooled classic alive and road worthy.

Hopefully in time once the tooling, setup costs etc are covered that the price will decrease slightly.

Looking forward to the discount.

How much are they Anna? I've not painted my car yet and I did get mine off complete. .

Might just go on my wish list for Santa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blimey O'reilly that's not a bad price really,

I think I paid £300ish back in 2015 for a set of new roof strips,

from someone on this forum that had a set that they wanted to sell.

I just thought well we won't see this part new again,

or if we do it'll just be the left side only that'll be available,

but fair play this part is back and both sides too.

Top work Anna nice one.