ozowen

Early and Late Model Front Wings

Okay I need to ask the question. How different are the wings, I am trying desperately to get some late model front wings as my original is getting restored back to health. So questions are?

How different are they?

Do the early type fit the later models?

could I use two early good wings and cut and weld late model bits from mine to make good ones?

They say a picture paints a thousand words so those knowledgeable ones amongst us, if you could show differences through pictures that would make my mind see clearer.

Many thanks in advance to those that help.

Also while doing this, anyone got a late model sunroof cassette available for purchase; needs to tilt / slide with ease

Well mate, it just so happens that VEEDUBBED may well save your day..

I've got one RH late wing left over, you want piccys?

Send me your email and I'll get a few.

I have a passenger side in grey, good around the arch, rotten lower piece where it meets the sill

Slightly different profile at the front to accommodate the bigger bonnet lip on later models, there is also a width increase over the flare of the arch of around 10mm to accommodate the 205 width standard tyres into the arch. 205s were an option on earlier cars so they do fit with no issues but if you are running significantly lower suspension it may cause problems.

Aside from that you will get away with a pair fitted with only really the front edge panel gaps looking a little off.

Slightly different profile at the front to accommodate the bigger bonnet lip on later models, there is also a width increase over the flare of the arch of around 10mm to accommodate the 205 width standard tyres into the arch. 205s were an option on earlier cars so they do fit with no issues but if you are running significantly lower suspension it may cause problems.

Aside from that you will get away with a pair fitted with only really the front edge panel gaps looking a little off.

that is good info thanks yandards

someone here helped me with bumper measurements a while ago as i was investigating if the Kamei front splitter i have in the loft, which is designed for early models, would fit the late bumper of my VR - if the difference is only about 10mm there might be enough flex to accomodate

do you know if the late rear arches have a similar flare to the front?

the Kamei kit is skirts all round & sides are no issue

Well mate, it just so happens that VEEDUBBED may well save your day..

I've got one RH late wing left over, you want piccys?

Send me your email and I'll get a few.

I'll pm you my email

I have a passenger side in grey, good around the arch, rotten lower piece where it meets the sill

Thanks Dox, could I ask for some pictures. I'll pm my email

Thank you that's very interesting much appreciated

that is good info thanks yandards

someone here helped me with bumper measurements a while ago as i was investigating if the Kamei front splitter i have in the loft, which is designed for early models, would fit the late bumper of my VR - if the difference is only about 10mm there might be enough flex to accomodate

do you know if the late rear arches have a similar flare to the front?

the Kamei kit is skirts all round & sides are no issue

No change to the rear panels throughout production - front and rear bumpers were 'tidied up' only and the main reason for the front end change (bonnet, wings etc) was to accommodate the height of the VR block and its position in the engine bay.

No change to the rear panels throughout production - front and rear bumpers were 'tidied up' only and the main reason for the front end change (bonnet, wings etc) was to accommodate the height of the VR block and its position in the engine bay.

sweet that is good news

very much appreciated as it implies i will only have to very slightly stretch the Kamei front skirt to get the full kit on the VR