Cressa

Handles and roof trims refurb

Got mine off the car and was wondering what people use to put some colour and life back in them. I would like to keep them oem looking, but fresher

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Perhaps should have been in car care section but can't seem to change it. .oops

good question cressa

i too will be doing similar & was thinking as per sean's suggestion for the roof rails but am unsure on the door handles

previous stuff ive used on them always fades very quickly, worth a look at stuarts link methinks

FYI i have been using that gummi stuff that has been mentioned on here on my window rubbers & it seems to be bringing them back nicely so far

cressa - are you replacing he door handle gaskets or did you manage to remove the handle without breaking them?

Gaskets were fine fortunately.

I like the idea of the g4 stuff as it sounds easy, but one of my door handles has chipped so needs covering better. I may try the spray method on something first.

I'll look at that gummi stuff as I need something, cheers

Cressa

Hmmm yeah that C4 looks pretty good!

indeed it does - just watched the video

im going to order some & give it a go :)

Gaskets were fine fortunately.

I like the idea of the g4 stuff as it sounds easy, but one of my door handles has chipped so needs covering better. I may try the spray method on something first.

I'll look at that gummi stuff as I need something, cheers

Cressa

tidy - hope i can get my gasket off ok too

linky for bummi - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextzett-Gummi-Pflege-Flege-Car-Rubber-Stick-Door-Restorer-100ml-/162516660510?epid=1005414647&hash=item25d6bf711e:g:ar4AAOSw32lYwD4A

I found the G4 best applied a couple of times a week or two apart, if you put it on too thick it runs and drips (its too expensive to waste)and dries a little opaque.

So I used the C4 stuff. Very impressive really. The parts had to be washed first, then some panel cleaner, then the C4.

The side trims which looked alright look great.

The door handles hands needed a couple of layers but do look better

The roof trim is work in progress. ...

I was going to paint the door handles but am glad I decided against, as they seem to be a hard plastic. I was worried my paint skills wouldn't take to it.

If the roof trim doesn't come good I shall look to paint it. Just unsure of how to prep it and which paint to use. ..933ff239c609c1c38f1b3ad1a0ac3455.jpgb18e6677104031e592ff222eebc46a36.jpg24716f4643f32a0cc2a8e57a66356c8f.jpg

Looks good. I think even with the G4 stuff the key is in the preparation before you apply it - otherwise it won't last and it's expensive juice!