mooG60

Hello all

Greetings all

I've just registered after lurking for a few weeks.

I've had a love of VDUBS ever since my first Golf GTi back in the 80's. Had a few others over the years but my MK1 series2 was the biggest love of my life ever!.......Black with ATS Cups and lowered Bose gas shocks!

Anyways..... the other week I saw one extremely similar to mine and it brought back loads of memories. I started looking on the net at all the cars currently around and suddenly my love was re-ignited. Years of family life and work had taken my mind off something that I always had a huge passion for......

I guess you are all wondering why "this nub" is rattling on about Golfs in your beloved Corrado forum..........

.........Well, I own a G60 which I also liked a lot and had some fun in. But it was somewhat troublesome, and eventually one day it died and was left in the garage for 16 years. I decided that it was time to get it back on the road so I pulled it out from its shadowy grave(my garage). It didn't want to come out at first but with a little persuasion from my Audi it finally emerged. Surprisingly there is not a spot of rust anywhere which has given me a big boost in desire to get her running again.

The car is complete and was in good mechanical order (running gear) before I took it off the road and I believe the motor itself is solid. The issue lies somewhere in the auxiliary parts, most likely the charger/fuel system which is not the end of the world. The problem is finding someone trust worthy and competent that will not screw me to the wall. I am probably dreaming.............

I always loved the look of the Corrado which is why I ended up buying one. Sadly I never got to fully appreciate it at the time due to lack of time and the problems. But I think that if I get her running reliably I could easily fall in love with her. They are rather damn "Sexy" after all!

Thanks for listening!

Good story mate and good luck in getting her back on the road. She deserves it after being shut away for so long

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Good luck with the project ;) - nice that its been in a garage all these years rather than sat on a driveway rotting away.

Thanks for the welcome Guys!

It's a bit of a roller coaster of a ride to be honest. Trying to decide the best coarse of action (or if I should even go ahead with it at all) seems to be taking up a lot of my time. I have not concentrated on work for 2 weeks and this morning I was definitely dreaming about a red Corrado before the alarm woke me up, I'm presuming it was mine :lol:

Hopefully I will have some positive news to post up in the coming weeks.

Cheers!