graham1971

Detached mystery wire

I have a yellow wire with a black stripe in a black sleeve loose in my engine bay. The other end disappears into the wiring loom lower down. See pictures.

The wire has a blade type connector on the open end and I can't locate any obvious connectors without a wire attached?

The first picture is the wire end and connector, the second is where it disappears into the loom behind the silicon hose.

The only electrical problem I'm aware of is that the alternator only appears to charge the battery when the car is driving, not while it's idling. Any ideas?

8a982eeafbbc1e22cdd172bb10f711ae.jpg8a9d8d3159cfe7286cd13541ab2c5acc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok, I think I just found an old thread about the same wire being a spare one for Aircon to be fitted. Problem solved unless someone can say differently?

Yeah, its normal, i have the same thing, am sure i also had it when i had aircon. I thought it was to do with adding the voltmeter VDO thing.

Also what radiator is that?

It's an upgrade one I had made by a German company because all the aftermarket stuff I could find seemed to be really poor build quality.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks solid enough. I noticed the other day that my vw replacement is starting to leak so going to be looking for a new one soon.

Vag-hag, where did you find the other end of that wire?

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk