Dazz_G60_Wales

Need some help on wheel offsets

Hi all

Not too technical when it comes to wheel fitting.

I have been given a set of Rover hairpins off a M8 which look similar to BBS`s and have had the centers bored to fit the corrado.

Now these are standard Rover 45et and the raddo is 38et I have added 10mm spacers but the tyres are still catching the plastic arch protectors on full lock any idea what I will have to do to adjust these so it misses.The wheels are 16" and 6.5J.

Thanks

I reckon your tyre profile is too big, I checked that versus my standard VR setup and those tyres are 12mm higher, use http://www.willtheyfit.com to enter your old setup against the new and you can play around with tyres sizes to get the ones that give you the closest match to original

They probably will scrape the liners on lock drop the profile to 40's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably will scrape the liners on lock drop the profile to 40's

Cheers Guys looks like it will be a pricey problem to solve then if 4 tyres needed.

Thanks for the info will look into it.

195/40/16 or 195/45/16 is what is needed. Whilst you might be able to get the tyres to work with spacers they'll look crap and are too big for the wheels and car. Do it right, or put other wheels on.

Told you that will look like it's rolling on balloons lol

Told you that will look like it's rolling on balloons lol

Didn't you like balloons when you were a child,who doesn't like balloons !

I will sell my balloons when I get them changed over to someone with young children and they will have many a joyfull summer rolling on those balloons ;@)

Thanks for the blunt but informative reply Baron but to be fair the tyres do look too big for the car LoL

Sorry mate, busy day! Saw you were still looking for answers and gave short version of correct one!

Info still stands though, you really need 195/40s..

i run 16" BBS RX2's on the early valver - think they were off a polo gt or something

with 195/45's on the front & OE suspension i dont get any issues. cant recall the ET but i dont need spacers

i have left the 205/50's on the rear for the moment as they are ok on the back & give a tiny hot rod wheel feel to the look

oh & part worns can be a bargain if £'s are tight

im not too fussy with tires on the valver & i got some avon zv5's which were virtually brand new, even still had the little pointy feeler bits on the edges, for £30 each fitted

i have left the 205/50's on the rear for the moment as they are ok on the back & give a tiny hot rod wheel feel to the look

I take it your car is non ABS?

I take it your car is non ABS?

Correct, the valver doesnt have abs - does that make much difference Dox?

Correct, the valver doesnt have abs - does that make much difference Dox?

ABS measures the differences in wheel speeds so differing overall circumferences front and rear would cause issues (in your case the front wheels would do more RPMs than the rear).

ABS measures the differences in wheel speeds so differing overall circumferences front and rear would cause issues (in your case the front wheels would do more RPMs than the rear).

i see, thanks for explaining

i am fussy with tires on the VR, only run correct 205/50's in a bridgestone format

No problem Baron I thought your answer was a great help so no offense taken.

I can get 45s for 43 each on a value tyre as I don't thrash her anymore due to trying to keep her tidy so speed not an issue but do you think 45`s will still be close as the 40`s go up to 69 quid a corner.

Cheers goldfinger I have considered part worns but matching tread patterns are a must so hope to get them in at least pairs.

No problem Baron I thought your answer was a great help so no offense taken.

I can get 45s for 43 each on a value tyre as I don't thrash her anymore due to trying to keep her tidy so speed not an issue but do you think 45`s will still be close as the 40`s go up to 69 quid a corner.

Cheers goldfinger I have considered part worns but matching tread patterns are a must so hope to get them in at least pairs.

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales