cmck32

Sunroof

Anyone ever had problems with there sunroof?? I can get mine to tilt up then one side doesn't want to come back down!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever had problems with there sunroof?? I can get mine to tilt up then one side doesn't want to come back down!!

oh dear, i am guessing you are unaware that they can be an issue with most corrado's

there are many threads on here about them, have a search & im sure you will find lots of info - good luck

So basically I need to replace the mechanism or can it b fixed?

nice thanks Spen - ive printed that too :)

In other news...Got the 263 cam's done like you recommended from Stealth

So basically I need to replace the mechanism or can it b fixed?

The threads are long, plenty to read, I replaced mine

In other news...Got the 263 cam's done like you recommended from Stealth

oooo nice work Spen!

did you get a remap to take advantage of them too?

if yes, what was your result? i had mine mapped before i got the Longlife SS exhaust, it would have been nice to have had it after but funds wouldnt allow. mine made 209.6 with the 263's & BMC

oh & how are you liking the mod?

Were they expensive to replace??

i believe so, even back when they were available

i was told by the guy who i got my VR off that he had put one of the last genuine new cassettes in from VW shortly before i brought it about 7 years ago

there are threads about replacing the cassette with ones from other vehicles, which might give you an option if you cant repair your current one, however IIRC they are getting harder to find too

oooo nice work Spen!

did you get a remap to take advantage of them too?

if yes, what was your result? i had mine mapped before i got the Longlife SS exhaust, it would have been nice to have had it after but funds wouldnt allow. mine made 209.6 with the 263's & BMC

oh & how are you liking the mod?

It's AWESOME! completely different drive to what I had before, I got 219.8 with the 263's amd BMC plus sports cat, now badly need to upgrade the brakes...rear MK4's and got some S3's for the front hopefully next week, spending a fortune by the way!

It's AWESOME! completely different drive to what I had before, I got 219.8 with the 263's amd BMC plus sports cat, now badly need to upgrade the brakes...rear MK4's and got some S3's for the front hopefully next week, spending a fortune by the way!

very tidy! that figure is now making me think about another map to take advantage of my exhaust lol

the difference in power delivery is superb isnt it :)

yup big brakes help - i am loving my new HiSpec Billet 4's! a world away from OE front brakes

I found the improvement in performance from fitting the 263s essentially equivalent to the difference between driving the car with a passenger and a full tank of fuel and the performance when driving alone with only a whiff left in the tank. I.e. equivalent to removing 100+kg of weight. I also have a schrick fitted so bingo, 215 lbft to go with my 215 bhp. :)

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Apparently the B3 Passat estate roof fits.... probably as rare as the Corrado roof....

Whats wrong with yours?

On mine one side rail is working properly and the other broke it seems to b a common fault in corrados