Chesilsteve

Vr6 starting problem

Hi guys have owned my storm 2 months when purchased she started fine the last week or so I am having a problem starting her.When you crank her over she turns over a couple of times and then totally stops nothing turn ignition off and then back on and she will crank a couple of times again then stop could this be an immobiliser problem.Could anyone help me with advice many thank Steve.

I assume you are confident the battery is good..? That is the most obvious thing to check out.

If so it could be a third party immobiliser, but the factory immob will generally allow the car to start ok but it'll die about five seconds later.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

My VR definitely needs a fully charged battery to start it. Give it a charge to rule it out, then go looking for the damned immobiliser issues and dodgy ignition switch

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine will fire up with a dodgy battery, but if it's not spinning over with some eagerness it could well be on its way out. They leak a lot of current when not in use and batteries tend to last no more than a couple of years on lightly-used cars.

All that said, if the battery is low it will tend to turn over slowly, and get slower before stopping rather than stopping abruptly.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Maybe the starter motor is a bit dodgy? Or even just the solenoid? Check the earth strap on the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk