Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Brakes just been replaced, now ABS light comes on at speed.

Hi,

In order to pass an MOT I had to get my rear brake calipers unseized. Since I had all the parts to replace all my brakes waiting to be fitted and having never done this before on this car I decided to let the mechanic do it.

So I got all four discs replaced along with the pads and rear wheel bearings.

The braking is vastly improved, however, when I reach a certain motorway speed the ABS light comes on and stays on. It seems to be the same speed each time regardless of whether this speed is reached 'enthusiastically' or sedately.

Before this work, my ABS light had never come on (except during the test sequence on startup).

Any ideas what this could be before I take it back to the garage?

EDIT:

Forgot to say, it's a 94 VR6

Thanks

Alan

you will need to take the rear discs off again to secure the abs cages or replace them,i dont think they are to expensive

I had that very same problem when i replaced my rear discs and pads. All i did was clean the sensors as it is easy to get a bitt of dirt on them when replacing the discs especially if you don't replace the washers on the inside of the disc