Miikeyboy

ABS ring

Wondering if someone can help me out. I am having a problem with my front hub setup, and I have no idea what to do. The abs ring is pressing against the sensor and also the backing plate. The only thing I can think is it too big. It is a meyle one and came altogether as a set and was supposed to be for a vr6 corrado. Can anyone possibly measure the distance shown in the pic for me?

Cheers77d67b4146c0c013bc236b8c7600436c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry I can't help with measuring, but attached are pictures of what mine looked like when on. Its also a VR

Cressa2e74f69e64d6980b9d366f90dc9e0a57.jpg9aa0be9f52c74e988b1e0f4359e619f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for checking, mine measures 15mm so I recon they arnt the right abs rotors. Will have to look about for some more. Cheers

Update... removed my mylee hubs and rotors and fitted febi ones all fits fine now however wondered if anyone knows why the spines change (widen) halfway down the hub so don't seem to be able to push my cv joint all the way in (see pic) 6016e649f1560f833b55a53874e8c8ac.jpg

I had a problem with that, its to do with the plus suspension. I think when you tighten hub nut its meant to pull itself in and create the rest of the splines. I think thats what makes them hard to remove, i know the end of my cv joint had been bashed with a hammer a lot in the past, and it was deformed. I guessed that was previos garages/owners trying to remove them.

I ended up grinding the splines on my hub with a very small dremel bit so it had the slots all the way down. Probably not correct but hasn't caused any issues.

Good news then, I don't have to get new cv joints, I have a dremel so I'll see about grinding the spline a bit like you did. Cheers for reply