Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

Did VW make a blanking plate for the STEREO

Hi

i dont currently have a stereo in my dashboard - is there a blanking plate available to cover up the hole?

chris

Should be! Used to have one in one of my mk2's and the hole should be the same size..

They used to as when my father bought a new golf a couple of years ago he told them to stuff their standard cd stero which was an extra on top of normal price and bought a kenwood and fitted it himself. The golf came with a blanking plate covering the CD area.

DIN = the standard size for a car stereo

*edit* I'm pretty certain that:

DIN = Deutsche Industrie-Norm(enaussxhuss) (German Industrial Standards Authority, equivalent of EIA, BSA etc) 8)

DIN = Deutsches Institut für Normung. They have specs for everything, your 12V dash power socket, cable specs, steel types. There a bit like SAE or ISO standandards, only German!

Yep, I've got one from a mk2 somewhere, I think its a Vag part to so will match better than other ones, I'll try and get a part number....

The VAG ones are rather neat and have a raised VW logo moulded into them so they look completely factory standard unlike a universal one from Halfords.

They are just a simple plastic plate that clips into the stereo aperture

VW used to offer a glove box option for MK1's - it fits straight into the standard radio opening! Its the ideal size for putting your sunglasses or mobile phone in - well handy.

I bought one a while ago for my cabriolet the part number is 321857233B01C and it cost £6.99 +vat.

It should fit a Corrado too as all the stereo cut outs are the same size 8)

357 857 231 01C blanking plate in satin black

191 857 233 LN9 a cubby hole thing like Garry mentioned in some other kind of black.

Gavin