battyr32

Exhaust too loud!!! help.

Hi guys I've just literally purchased a G60, stage 4 conversion.

The problem is driving of the car is ruined by the loud exhaust, this is a 1991 so pre cat...I've not yet checked but tomorrow plan to see what make it is and if it's straight through.

On my Mk2 16v I've had powerflow which was a nice burble, but get anywhere near 3k in the G60 and it's too loud. Kinda ruining the pleasure of a Supercharger.

What's my options? What would you recommend?

Worth checking if you're missing a box or two, but there are a few options for later cars so I'd imagine the same for earlier ones too..........

Jetex, powerflow, longlife, or a custom one are all otions. There are quite a few other too so its not the end of the world mate.

All G60's come with a cat fitted however without it your really need a twin silencer system to keep it at reasonable noise. I've just fitted a powerflow on mine and it sounds fine.

I ran my G60 for a while with a two box jetex system no cat was so loud! Used to set off car alarms rattle all the windows at my local mot station & you couldn't speak to people in the car on motorway drives. Once i took out the strait pipe & fitted the 3rd silencer quieter round town & you could drive down the motorway without ear defenders on! Still got a nice exhaust note when you put your foot down.

i run a Longlife system on my VR, custom fabricated on the vehicle with hi flow cat & is awesome

normal cruising, including motorway speeds, is nice & quiet - rapid acceleration & it goes from a hummm to roar as the rev's build

i chose longlife as their warranty is for the exhaust itself, rather than for the original purchaser, as such it transfers to new owner if car is ever sold