joelvr6

Sunroof issues on vr6 storm - advice appreciated

Hi chaps!

My sunroof needs attention (shock!)....it seems to work on and off on tilt and slide, but then every now and again (increasingly so) it seems to get stuck open, and won't shut or will not actually work at all.

I hope that makes sense but is there a part I can buy without replacing the whole lot?

Thanks in advance guys!

Give the mechanism a clean and re grease. Have a search for liquid moly grease on eBay (little white tube) and use that. Sounds like the motor is just struggling and eventually one of the sliders will break (passenger side usually). Get to it while you can as leaving it will cause the break, the passenger side to lift up when closing and damage the paint on the roof lid.

Thanks, I'll give that a bash because u do enjoy having it open and at the minute I daren't! Cheers for the advice

Ditto to clean and lubricate it b4 it breaks. As that then becomes a quest for the holy grail and is expensive.

Not actually a difficult job in removing the cassette unit, just give yourself a day when you've got the grease

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk