samsplum

To twin screw or not to twin screw...

Hi, just looking for some advice...

I have a corrado G60 that's in decent shape, I've sunk a bunch of money into, turns out my charger is super dead (jabbasport checked it over for me).

Finding another is nigh on impossible, once you add a rebuild, possible porting and Corrado tax onto the original price it leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

So...

*Do I hold out with fingers crossed?

*Go the G65 route? (This can take weeks and weeks to order so I hear.)

*Or bite the bullet on the import tax and twin screw?

All opinions welcome.

Its a difficult one, so unless you break or sell, you're gonna have to dig deep in your pockets to get it running again.

The fact that if you break or sell would mean you're likely to be out of pocket anyway such is the market now, and the fact that the G-lader is so rare now means you have to pay for the privilege. I've seen refurbished units about for around £900, and I'm not too swept up on the charger but a second hand unit will probably cost near that, coupled with a rebuild of 4-500 you're better off getting a good one from the word go.

As mentioned above, you could go Turbo for probably not a great deal more (DIY build), and get for more bang for your buck. The Lysholm or BBM twin screws are probably cost effective, but from what I've heard the whine is far louder and soon gets pretty tedious.

tough choice in all honesty and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Should have got a VR6. :lol:

I'd love a G60 if I could possibly justify another Corrado. If you can possibly keep it G60, then surely it's the way to go and there must be g-laders out there somewhere. I guess it all depends on how much long you can manage without the car and how much you can justify spending?

Thanks guys. The whine I'm not too bothered about due to it not being a daily. Has anyone driven a turbo'd G60 or a twin screw?

i have twin screw on my g60 and i absolutely love it. I have gone stage 4 on the motor and full bolt ons, with the lysholm twinscrew on 19 lbs of boost. The noise is very loud but sounds very good, just dont take it on a long adventure.

i have twin screw on my g60 and i absolutely love it. I have gone stage 4 on the motor and full bolt ons, with the lysholm twinscrew on 19 lbs of boost. The noise is very loud but sounds very good, just dont take it on a long adventure.
Niiice. Purchased from BBM? Any idea on power you're putting down?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yes I have the older one from BBM where you have to hook up the oil return and feed lines the new ones are self lubricating. The stage 4 kit says you get around 220 so with the supercharger on top im thinking around 270 but with the right power mods you can hit 300

Just had mine rebuilt from BBM Stage 4.

They have chargers sitting in stock ready to sell or they can rebuild yours to what ever you want.

In the end mine was pretty badly destroyed, required a complete 1/2 housing and all new innards.

Total cost as $1000 USD.

As far as i'm concerned, that's worth it.

Turn around was a 7-10 days including Shipping.

Great communication all the way through.

Glad i have a spare charger that went into the car while the rebuild was happening.