Coops

ABS Light 1995

Not sure what the rules are on posting links to auction sites but happened to come across an abs light on ebay, item 282843070527 (not my auction).

That's a joke. What's broken on the one you have? It's a really simple circuit board and you can easily solder in a replacement bulb or even better, an LED with resistor.

That's a joke. What's broken on the one you have? It's a really simple circuit board and you can easily solder in a replacement bulb or even better, an LED with resistor.

I have soldered a new bulb in, but it just flashes for a second when you turn the car off. I have put my mates abs light in and it works perfectly so nothing wrong with the car. Will have to solder 3 new resistors in and see if that works. Thanks for the replies.

As stated in my previous post there are 2 diodes and a resistor alongside the blub. I doubt these have failed.

What blub did you use? Was it a 12v 0.96W?

I'd not be surprised if the ECU measures the current to check the blub is working.

Edited by marks2

It does. It checks the return voltage, and if not present disables ABS. This is to allow for faulty wiring in the loom, broken PCB or blown bulb.

Just a note re. the LED replacement then; you'll need to ensure the current draw equates to the same as the filament bulb.

Edited by marks2

Just a note re. the LED replacement then; you'll need to ensure the current draw equates to the same as the filament bulb.

Thanks for the info, I will check on the bulb👍