edd

Dreaded vr6 288mm front brake upgrade query.... clarity required

Hi all I know this has been done to death apologies for this but I’m after some reassurance and some clarity

I’m just buying all the last components I need to do the full underside replacement I.e. refurbished front and rear subframes, brakes, engine mounts, bushes, steering arms, hubs, brakes, copper brakes lines, bolts stub axles, splash guards etc etc (basically everything)

My query is about the front flexible brake lines required for the calipers that I think I have (I bought them refurbed from eBay prob 2 years ago).

I believe the calipers to be 288 54mm mk3 items, they were sold as Corrado vr6 288mm upgrades - they have been powder coated/painted so it is not easy to see a part number...

Firstly - do the photos look correct in regards to this, I.e. do they look like the correct calipers!?

Secondly, do these require banjo type flexible hoses (I’m not entirely sure what this is) and if so do these calipers therefore require a banjo bolt/insert that screws into the caliper body that the banjo hoses fit over, currently these just have a thread for something to screw into!?

Thirdly - if I need banjo type braided hoses I have read that the golf mk3 ones in some instances were too short!?

Any help gleefully accepted!!

e3944f7aebad9aee79f02ea053d7de32.jpga0d1a1035363dfda60c14f7549d42d83.jpg2448e60c539a477fa34957614a10bf35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not come to a definite conclusion on the required front brake line length yet. Anyone?

Anyone with the 288mm conversion able to measure theirs when they have front wheels off? I have found a link online that is recommending 510mm (I think)

You should just need standard MkIII Golf VR6 front brake hoses, either the OEM rubber ones or braided. They will screw into you hard brake line fitting on one end and will have the banjo fitting on the other. I have the braided ones on mine.

From my old thread on the 288/MkIV conversion:

VAG OEM 1H0611701B Brake hose front

Goodridge full set braided SVW0604-6P and they are for a golf VR6 95on

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?49737-288-Front-Brakes-and-MkIV-Rears-Part-Number-Thread