Teacup

VR6 Fuel injection prolem.......**FIXED**

Hiya,

Anyone got any ideas as to what I look for to solve this problem on my 95 VR6 Corrado....

The fuel injector for cyl 2 is working , but won't shut off at all. As soon as I turn the engine over all other 5 just puff gas naturally, but No.2 injector just constantly pushes out gas until the ignition is turned off.

I thought it was a duff injector and I got a whole new rail with injectors (secondhand) and replaced the whole thing but it still pours out of No.2 injector relentlessly.

I noted that the No.2 injector on the cars original rail looked almost new compared to the rest, so I wonder if someone else had got to the same point and put a new injector in which does not fix the problem.

It looks like there is a constant feed to No2 injector keeping it open, but I have no idea where to start looking......

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ian

Edited by Teacup

Sounds like a burnt out injector driver in the ecu..

Any chance you can substitute the ecu for a good, working one?

I don't have a spare ECU.

Is there any way to prove it's the ECU at fault before I rush out and try and get one?

The only practical way i see is to try it out on another Vr engined car mate.

Forgot to say, have you tried swapping the injector harness plugs between injectors? say faulty no.2 with good no. 1 injector to see if the fault is carried over to the known good injector?

I had this happen yonks ago on my original g60 Digifant ecu, i changed the internal 3 leg injector driver and it was fine, never worked out what caused the driver to burn out though.

ECU are not that expensive used but if it's a late car you need to code it to your keys. I would agree, sounds like the ECU at fault.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

I have just had the ECU out and apart and I cannot see anything burnt out ...even with a magnifying glass. Everything looks perfect inside.

ECU is dated Feb 1995. Is that going to need keys coding to new ECU if I change it? Car is immobile and being restored at present so it cannot be taken anywhere to have keys coded to it.

You can do the coding in-situ with the right software. Yes, 95 cars will have the ecu with part number ending "CP", meaning coil pack, and will have an immobiliser. You may be able to buy an ECU with keys and retumbler the locks instead.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

The ecu will need the transponder with it. Then just swap the chips in the keys. You can leave the locks alone. Alternately there are people that can delete the one imobiliser function in the ecu, I’m sure that was done on one of mine.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for VR6 2.9 Motoronic OBD1 M2.9.1 ECU ? or know where I can get hold of one?

Thanks

Thanks to all for suggestions / help.

The culprit was the ECU itself.

Got it tested and repaired last week by ECU Testing and it is all working perfectly now...Happy days...on to the next hurdle :-)