vr6paul

Vr6 low temp kit??

Folks sorry I know it’s been asked loads but I’ve been searching round looking for where to source a low temp thermostat and fan switch for my m plate vr6. Has anyone got any part numbers to help? Or somewhere to source. Saw something on awesome gti but thermostat was £50! I’m hoping to get car back on road and engine temps I remember concerned me so these wee mods may help. Any chance?

Tbh I wouldnt bother with the low temp thermostat. If anything fit a mocal oil cooler, or on a more basic level flush out the system thoroughly using the vw cleaning solution, put a new standard stat in and refill.

I would also replace the standard fans with some good slimline ones. Move much more air and use less power!

The low temp stat might also make it overfuel

Having in the past running a low temp stat I wouldn't do it again. Standard stat all day long.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback folks. Flush it may be - and new stat. See how it goes.

Low temp switches ? Or not. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need if it's all working properly and you have all 3 fan stages. Low temp switches and stats will likely just mask other issues that need to be sorted. These cars run hot anyway, but can handle it if the cooling and oil systems are working properly.

Okay cheers. Just remember fans kicking in fairly regular but as said above new coolant/standard stat first off . Cheers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk