Pickle 1

VSR, Recaros (cream) VDO gauges,

Looking for the rarest of the rare I know 😋

Would be interested in buying any of these if they ever come up

Kind Regards Chris

LOL - wouldn't we all. Probably cost as much put together as another VR6 by the time you're finished. If it's just a variable inlet manifold you want, there were a couple of Schrick VGIs put up for sale recently. There was a set of cream Recaros on eBay a while back, not sure if they are still there, and the gauges are very hard to find - watch out when you do find them as they came in left and right hand drive versions, as the centre console is different.

Haha I know mate not asking for much eh, may take years but that's the end goal

Happy enough waiting to find them it's half the fun I suppose, I seen the schricks on for sale and have been tempted to be fair,

Will keep an eye out for the Recaros on eBay mate cheers , Funny you say that about the VDO gauges my old man has a storm and he got caught out with the left hand drive ones... But in saying that he configured them and you would never know the difference made a cracking job of them... Wouldn't do it again tho he says lol

What do you reckon would be a fair price for RHD VDO gauges?

The guages used to retail for £170 when they were available, £50 for the duel pole sender unit. Heritage had a few pairs left a year or so ago, which are now gone. Which I paid £350 for all in. So I guess it depends how desperate you want a pair....

You do loose the cubby hole which is ideal to put a Big Mac in at the drive through. :)

Edited by delfinis38

I’ve bought a few sets of the vdo gauges over the last year or so. One set was brand new and 2 were used, a fair mix of prices, both used sets were about £170 I think, one with the sender was slightly more. I also got a new set with the sender which set me back close to £450. So one thing is sure, they ain’t cheap :lol:

If you happen to find a spare set of cream recaros I’ll swap you a set of gauges:)

VSR Check

Recaros (Black but still Recaro) Check

Early VDO gauges Check

For sale? No ;D

Just wanted to brag.

Er, what the hell are you gonna do with THREE sets of gauges pops??

Well, I do have 2 VR’s so there is a definite home for 2. Who knows if I’ll ever be brave enough to fit the new ones? They are so nice as they are :lol:

I’ve also got a set of lhd ones somewhere:)

Im not selling but I have a VSR on my car if you would like to have a good look at one. Also in Glasgow :-)

Im not selling but I have a VSR on my car if you would like to have a good look at one. Also in Glasgow :-)

Cheers but know how good they look that's the problem Haha .... Got to have one... How did you come across yours, was it already on the car?

I’ve bought a few sets of the vdo gauges over the last year or so. One set was brand new and 2 were used, a fair mix of prices, both used sets were about £170 I think, one with the sender was slightly more. I also got a new set with the sender which set me back close to £450. So one thing is sure, they ain’t cheap :lol:

If you happen to find a spare set of cream recaros I’ll swap you a set of gauges:)

Haha I'd be happy just finding the one set at the moment mate . Good to know there are still VDO gauges around just seems to me everyone else but me has them tho lol

VSR Check

Recaros (Black but still Recaro) Check

Early VDO gauges Check

For sale? No ;D

Just wanted to brag.

Well played sir... Another man with impecable taste I see ha ha