rallye.no1

Spoiler module/relay

Found it mate, Let me know if you want pics.

Send me your email and i'll send the photos off the phone.

Cheers.

Why do you think you need the module? Was the spoiler working in your ownership

Spoiler works off the switch and ‘sometimes’ raises at 45mph and lowers at 15 as it should...sometimes it has a mind of its own and raises/lowers at random speeds!

For £18 worth a try then. From your description of the fault it could well be that.

If not it’ll be a case of checking the wiring from the fuse box backwards.

Good luck matey

Having thought more, if it’s not the module, it could be the speed signal it’s getting to make it operate. I’m curious how you get on. Please post your result with your ebargin.

Edited by 1xshaunx1
Added a bit more

One point to note is the module has 4 electrolytic cap inside. These are more than likely getting to the end of their service life.

For £18 worth a try then. From your description of the fault it could well be that.

If not it’ll be a case of checking the wiring from the fuse box backwards.

Good luck matey

Having thought more, if it’s not the module, it could be the speed signal it’s getting to make it operate. I’m curious how you get on. Please post your result with your ebargin.

Will do.....thanks for the reply :-)

One point to note is the module has 4 electrolytic cap inside. These are more than likely getting to the end of their service life.

Not sure what a ‘electrolytic cap’ is....but once i fit the one i have coming i’ll try opening the old one to investigate. Thanks for the reply :-)

Electrolytic cap = Electrolytic Capacitor. (Check out the components pointed to by the red arrows in the pic below).

A visual inspection probably won't show up any defects unless they have leaked, bulged or in the case of the larger one in the pic split the vent in the top. The only way to test is remove and measure their electrical characteristics and if you're doing that you may as well put new ones in anyway as they are pennies.

Another thing to check is the solder joints on the relays.

Edited by marks2

Bit of an update on the spoiler module saga!

I quickly tried the module off ebay and it works on the switch but not automatically.

I have had an auto electrician look at my car today and the wiring is fine. He narrowed the problem down to the modules (my original ‘intermittent working’ one and the one from ebay) being faulty or possibly a fault with what ever sends the speed signal from the clock cluster.

If anybody can tell me what sends the speed signal from the clocks it would be much appreciated :-)

Also, i could still do with a ‘known working’ module if anybody has one for sale......oh, and the part number must end in an ‘A’ (as i found out from the very helpful ebay seller who i bought the module off!!)

Cheers

The spoiler module in the pic i posted is for sale.

Part # 535 919 845A

£20 + p&p. If it does not fix your issue return it and it will only cost you the p&p