virtuoso23

Vr6 mfa oil temp

Just brought the VR out after winter hibernation and my oil temp seems to reading inaccurately.

Issue:

After starting the car and driving, oil temp comes up at 50c normal operation.

Slowly rises as normal up to around 85-90, again fine.

Click MFA and cycle back to oil temp and it changes.

So for example driving normally, check oil temp 85c lets say. Cycle through MFA and it will drop to 75c or rise to 90c etc

Other than that everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

I've noticed that while the MFA is displaying the temp it logs values and smooths them out so it doesn't change rapidly, but that log (running average) is reset every time you rotate through the settings. During warm-up the oil temp will fluctuate a fair amount as the cold and warm parts are circulated.

So, I don't think you have a problem (other than having a car you don't use enough to notice its quirks.. ;) ).

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Hi dr_mat, okay as long as this normal then that's fine.

When I used to own my own G60 I used to cycle through the MFA now and again and the oil temp readout was always rock solid at the value it read regardless, this threw me off with the VR6 which made me ask the question.

Your 100% correct about not using the car enough however it has been winter, lots of fun to come..:smug:

If you have no mayo in the rocker box after a long run then you don't have anything to be concerned about. As you've no doubt noticed you will have mayo in there after a long period standing in the cold and damp anyway. That will burn out on a run.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Nope, absolutely no mayo, even upon inspection prior to starting for the first time after 4 months, so all good there.

Car did misfire on idle but a good run rectified this.

Thanks for your advise.