George Lee

Door card installation

Afternoon

I recently removed my door cards to install new speakers. I managed to get them off ok but I'm struggling to clip the bottom edge back on. Previously on other cars they pop back on quite easily. I've tried hooking the bottom first then the top but that doesn't work. So I'm left with the door card installed at the top but the bottom clips are a nightmare to get on. Any tips or a way of doing this ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Trying to think as I've replaced mine recently. Doesn't the bottom of the door card rest on the clips located at the bottom of the door and then the top simply pushes into place (privided the sides line up)?

Trying to think as I've replaced mine recently. Doesn't the bottom of the door card rest on the clips located at the bottom of the door and then the top simply pushes into place (privided the sides line up)?
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not 100 percent sure. I assumed they go inside so it holds it tight when it's on properly. Surely it would still flap about it the door card rested on them?

I could be wrong though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, the door card should just sit in the clips. The clips are shaped like a u shape and the door card should seat itself in it, there should be a mark in the door card where it was seated.

Clips should look like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-Golf-Mk2-Corrado-4-Doorcard-Interior-Trim-Panel-Clips-191867301A-/231217726223