Jimboslice

Speedo not working

Hi guys my speedo isn't working on my 1.8t AGU. The car was a 9a before with electronic speed sensor not the cable type. I've plugged in the gearbox connector and tried 2 different sensors and still nothing. Am I missing something? I've got code P0501/16885 and did have 00515 camshaft sensor but that has cleared and not come back.

Well I don't know exactly where the other end of the wire goes to, ECU? In which case there's no way it's not plugged in. And I'm under the impression the ABS wheel sensor is irrelevant? The ECU gets its speed from the gearbox right?

Can anyone help me with this?

I've narrowed it down to the VSS plug not giving me 12v ignition live. 5v signal works and ground has continuity. Does anyone know where the 12v comes from (G22)?

The 12v comes from the ignition live feed, benley shows the same feed as the ECM IGN live, its a black wire that comes from G1/4 of the fuse box (thick wire from fuse then spliced to a smaller black wire)

For my 1.8T conversion, the signal to the gearbox sensor went direct to the cluster to drive the speedo and didnt go to the engine ECU.

This time I have wired it so the signal T's off and also runs to the ECU (but its not running yet).

I'll check G1/4 then thanks. It's a white/black wire from the connector so does it go to ECU and then to fusebox as a solid black? I hate auto electronics

G1/4 is wired to the clutch switch which I don't even have. I've figured out it's wired for a mk4 so it goes from pin 1 on the vss BLK/WHT to t14a/2 BLK/GRN and then from there I can't find a diagram to help me locate. All I've got is it goes to b163?

I've already been through rubjonny's repository and I've basically now realised whoever has done the loom has put the 12v feed absolutely anywhere and I don't think I'll find it. Regardless I'm not getting 12v. I'll check my fuses and then I'll run a new 12v. Any recommendations on the best place for ignition live? The closer to the gearbox the better I guess

It's been a quite a long time since I did the wiring on mine (r32 but same principle). According to my scribbles, I did pin 1 to g1/4, pin 2 to g1/11 and pin 3 to earth. In my notes I've put that t121/54 needs to go to w1 via the blue junction boxes above the fusebox (blue/white wire with blue plug, I think).

G1/4 is the ignition live and g1/11 is dash feed. I think the t121/54 limits the ecu to 4k so as you haven't said anything about that I presume it's already been done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's been a quite a long time since I did the wiring on mine (r32 but same principle). According to my scribbles, I did pin 1 to g1/4, pin 2 to g1/11 and pin 3 to earth. In my notes I've put that t121/54 needs to go to w1 via the blue junction boxes above the fusebox (blue/white wire with blue plug, I think).

G1/4 is the ignition live and g1/11 is dash feed. I think the t121/54 limits the ecu to 4k so as you haven't said anything about that I presume it's already been done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Swiftkid awesome info here. I have a 20v into a 92 corrado with digital cluster i read this and ran 3 wires off the sensor on trans to the g1/11, g1/4, and earth. I believe I also have the t121/54 hookup but maybe not as I have the 4k restriction.

My Speedo, wing, and 4k restriction is driving me nuts please any advice is appreciated!!

Who did your wiring?

S&P made me a harness i plugged into factory fuse block. I mailed them the 20v harness and the vr6 obd2 harness that was in the car already. (It was previously vr6 obd2 swapped)