Sign in to follow this  
Trilidon

sigh, looks like I might be getting rid of the rado

Long story short, I was thrown out of my house Yesterday. What money I saved up for a charger rebuild now has to go to other things. I can barely afford the car as is with sports car insurance here in the states. Work + school is killing me and I dont know about working any more hours. Lord help me if the Rado breaks =(

At the moment I might be on the look out for an MK2 GTI/Golf in replacement of the rado

If I do end up selling the Rado, im debating if I should part it out. I have alot of performance parts in the car that I would like to keep or sell seperately.

How much money are ya likely to make parting a G60 Corrado?

Commisserations man, i've been thrown out of houses on two occasions now - once by parents and by my ex :twisted: it always looks pretty feeble situation at first but things soon sort themselves out for better

Break or Sell - Guess it depends what values and demand for Rado's is over their, from the number of parts on ebay i'm guessing it's gotta be better commercial sense to break, but then that'd be gutting, and you'd have to post most the parts to England :D

My tuppence

keep ya head up mate...theres still time to decide.

Maybe and hopefully you may not have to break it...there must be a vw fan wanting it..but first off...get your work/school sorted, try catching buses or something if you can...

I've lost my corrado in a crash about 1month ago...its completely totalled and sitting in my garage right now, i dont wanna break it..I wanna rebuild it and soon i wont have a job as i ave to go back to uni this year...but i know it'll work out.

the golf would be a good idea as a temporary measure... 8)

Sanjay.

I dont know fellas. Most of my mates are on vacation, the ones around here have a pretty small place.

Having to throw out 300-400 extra for rent is going to cripple me. =(

I dont know many people that would want to buy the ginger mobile with its shifting problems unbuilt charger and such and such ;P I wouldn't even know where to start in selling the car whole or parting it out honestly.

I'm going to try to give it a week before I make a decision =/ I just got the damn car, I fell in love with it and now I have to make this type of decision. /sigh

Welp. I made a good few sacrifices to keep this car.

Sold my bass and amp

Sold my TV

Sold my flat screen comp monitor, on a crappy old one now.

Sold my gamecube and all my games. Sold alot of my old movie bits

SOld my older digital camera.

Sold my second computer

Working night shift now.

Thankfully I made a damn good amount for all of it ;P

Now that's dedication!

Hopefully all will turn out ok and you can laugh about this in the future.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rica

I dont know fellas. Most of my mates are on vacation, the ones around here have a pretty small place.

Having to throw out 300-400 extra for rent is going to cripple me. =(

I dont know many people that would want to buy the ginger mobile with its shifting problems unbuilt charger and such and such ;P I wouldn't even know where to start in selling the car whole or parting it out honestly.

I'm going to try to give it a week before I make a decision =/ I just got the damn car, I fell in love with it and now I have to make this type of decision. /sigh

You might want to try the US or Canadian Corrado Clubs for some help a bit closer to hand.

http://www.corrado-club.com for the US lot and http://www.corradoclub.ca for the Canadians. I know there is a big Corrado following in NY so they should be able to help out too. It's also probably worth asking on http://www.vwvortex.com too.

i say ebay it if you need to get rid of it. it is an awesome looking corrado. i am sure somone here in the states would pick it up for a reasonable price.

Well, for right now im fine.

I'll have to change around some classes and what not and stick wit hthe nifght shift, but im up all night anyway so that isn't a big deal.

Things will work out I hope.

Welp. I made a good few sacrifices to keep this car.

Sold my bass and amp

Sold my TV

Sold my flat screen comp monitor, on a crappy old one now.

Sold my gamecube and all my games. Sold alot of my old movie bits

SOld my older digital camera.

Sold my second computer

Working night shift now.

Thankfully I made a damn good amount for all of it ;P

wow, comitment to the cause or what :)

good luck with everything mate