akacheesy

How to refit door locking rods

OK, I think this maybe a common issue?

This is on both doors and I think the drivers (RHD 1994) side is possibly easier than the passenger side but still I haven't been able to do it. Anyone got any tips on how to reattach these little fookers?

Many thanks in advance

Patience, patience and more patience. That’s all I can offer . It’s one of those jobs that your mate comes over and sorts it first time, when you’ve been struggling for an hour . They are fiddly , you’ve just got to keep at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I figured that out already but what's the method? Any idea?

I have half an idea of what I need to do, do the door locks have to come off?

Yeah, I figured that out already but what's the method? Any idea?

I have half an idea of what I need to do, do the door locks have to come off?

I’m sure I took them off yes , then carefully fit them back . Then attach the rod to the plastic connector. Awful design really .

Thanks mate, I did attempt to take the lock off last week but I was using an allen key and wasn't getting anywhere. Wrong tool for the job, I will have another stab at it later, one of those jobs that will bug me until it's done

Thanks mate, I did attempt to take the lock off last week but I was using an allen key and wasn't getting anywhere. Wrong tool for the job, I will have another stab at it later, one of those jobs that will bug me until it's done

No worries. It’s one of those jobs that’s so fiddly and hard to explain without being there .

The rods have a kink in them at the bottom. The door locking plastic clip has a horizontal slot in them with a 'locking hole' in the middle. The principle is to slide the rod flat into the slot and rotate it into the locking hole. Took me absolutely ages to get it sorted. As above its a really poor design.