Sign in to follow this  
david_h

How to style a Corrado properly...

The corrado is very difficult to style, though there are some wicked examples out there, here is one of my favourites from Belgium.

The guy has owned it 12 years, and it has extended steel arches and runs a 120mm drop.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

You can see more pics at http://www.westsidevw.co.uk

the only car those bonnet vents suit is a cossie :roll: at least they are functional and not just stuck on

apart from that it looks very nice

that is very very nice looking car,

the best red corrado i ve seen, not keen on the vents, and i would probably lose the side strips but the rest is a work of art

Nice but...

I think i'd still much rather have a mint condition VR6 dropped a bit on its standard speedlines to be honest!

dont get me wrong the paintwork looks flawless.......BUT.....its too Low.....the wheels are too wide,the bonnet vents look silly on it,single wipers aint my bag.....and i'm not a fan of losing the numberplate recess

In my opinion, don't; like it! Give me a basically standard car anyday, maybe lowered 30 to 40 mm, Lupo wipers, job done!

Some of the comments on the car distinguish the UK VW Scene and the European Scene.

Europeans style their cars rather than tune them due to TUV approval requirements and insurance costs. Thus more money is put into the styling.

In contrast we in the UK, or the majority of us at least, prefer to tune the engine on a car e.g. VR6 etc.

Myself, I prefer styling over power, though my show car has both, I admit to compromising the handling of the car by running it too low. Who cares, each to their own.

I still reckon it's a fapping nice car, and there are only 2 other corrado's in the UK that come close to this car for styling. Just my 2cents. :)

I think it looks great , but like most others have said , the vents dont belong on the car, not saying they dont look like they are well dont or anything, they just done belong, on saying that I wouldnt turn it down if it came my way at the right price :lol:

Some of the comments on the car distinguish the UK VW Scene and the European Scene.

Europeans style their cars rather than tune them due to TUV approval requirements and insurance costs. Thus more money is put into the styling.

In contrast we in the UK, or the majority of us at least, prefer to tune the engine on a car e.g. VR6 etc.

I still reckon it's a fapping nice car, and there are only 2 other corrado's in the UK that come close to this car for styling. Just my 2cents. :)

If the car performed 12 -13sec qtrs and pulls 1.3g in the corners then i love it, styled to perfection, very purposeful. If were to judge it as a styling only exercise then it falls down for me.

If it was jacked up a little and had some nice 7 x 16's on it it would be lovely. I really like the paint great quality.

I reckon them vents are from an R.S.Turbo mk2

and theres a really feeble copy of that corrado for sale on the German Ebay in red

its frickin shokin :cry:

In my opinion, don't; like it! Give me a basically standard car anyday, maybe lowered 30 to 40 mm, Lupo wipers, job done!

Couldn't agree with you any more mate!!

7x16" s to narrow on a corrado in my humble opinion :lol:

seriously though darren........how can you look at any C with wheels sticking past the arches and say it looks nice :?: ..........to me it gives it a "toy" car look and actually makes it look less classy

7x16" s to narrow on a corrado in my humble opinion :lol:

seriously though darren........how can you look at any C with wheels sticking past the arches and say it looks nice :?: ..........to me it gives it a "toy" car look and actually makes it look less classy

yeah agree with you there too but what also looks a odd is a wheel that look lost in the wheel arch. i think the corrado suits a 8" rim the best with a sensible offset.

2p in

Take away the wiper, art work or the RS vents, side strips, swap the front splitter, change the wheels, get the side strips off, flush the indicators & put an eyebrow spoiler on it & it could be the best corrado of all time LOL!! 8)

C_national_day2003.jpg

Some nice things there & some that are not my cupa tea. Looks a very clean car though, is defiantly original. Must have taken a lot of time & money to get it that way. Fair play :thumbleft:

Got any pic's of the roll cage?

yuk, i hate euro styling!!!! on the other hand g60 dans is a near perfect example of subtle but professional styling!!!! much more my cup of tea.......just a shame its got the wrong engine.

for me, the best looking corrado i have ever seen is this one.

download.php?id=3349

I'd have BOTH! look well PHAT!! :D

loose the centre parked wiper & bonnet vents on the red one though :roll: