Sign in to follow this  
stevenebie

VR6 suspension

I need some advice on a suitable suspension kit for my corrado. Can anyone recommend a spring/shock combination? What other suspension components should be changed at the same time. Only looking to spend around £300 on the suspension kit.

Cheers,

Steven

Stick with new standard items at that price unless you're really keen to lower it.

You should also fit new top mounts and bumpstops while you're at it.

Has anyone had any experience of the Spax VSX kit?

If i was to go for a springs/shocks package which one is best for under £500? Would only be looking to lower the car about 30mm.

with the spax kits some people say the ride is to harsh,ive got spax coilovers on mine and find them pretty good

I have H&R coilovers on mine and i think their great!!! the ride gets very Very hard but if it's stifness your looking for you can't go wrong with the H&R coilovers. i don't know about the VSX kit but i'll look them up to see how good they are. :D

i've got koni top adjustables on mine. think it's something called the sport kit but not too sure as they came with the car. the ride's really civilised except over the harshest of pot holes and it's not too low. just enough to make the standard wheels fill the arches properly. hope this helps.

larkspeed sell the koni kit consisting of 4x koni t/a shocks and 4x koni springs for about £390. lowers the vr6 up to 40mm (not sure on other models but i think its the same)

not too bumpy but looks nice and low now

recommended by..................................me :lol:

Mike Edwards, You're right the ride does get better at higher speeds with the H&Rs cause i was on the parkway doing about 90 mph and those curbs were nothing. i also have a newspeet strut bar to compliment the coilovers so no matter what suspention you do with i think that the strut bar would be a good add on :mrgreen: