JonnyVW

Uprated radiator and intercooler advice - G60

Hey guys,

I'm soon sending off my charger off for a service and was thinking of upgrading a few bits...

I'm definitely adding an oil cooler but what do people generally do when it comes to upgrading the factory radiator and intercooler?

I wont be running huge power, I will be adding a 68mm pulley and chip.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Jonathan =)

Best upgrade is a Wagner Golf intercooler and Golf G60 (580mm) radiator. With these you don't need to chop out the towing eye. However, the 580mm is hard to get hold of I believe.

I run the Wagner Rallye intercooler and VR6 radiator (cheaper and easier to get hold of), but you do have to chop the towing eye as it's wider.

Many many £££££ though

Sprinter intercoolers get used to good effect I believe..

Thanks Simeon,

Much appreciated!! Been considering the Wagner cooler. Did you go for the Rallye or Golf G60 version?

I can imagine sourcing the pipe work wasn't too easy?

As for the VR rad, thanks again and I'll look into it.

Apart from chopping the towing eye, is there much else needed to be done? Front slam panel need much trimming/cutting?

Many thanks!

So I've used the wider Rallye version, to which the VR6 rad directly bolts to. I run a single slimline fan on it.

There is one mounting point on the right (as you look at the front of the car) that needs to be chopped off the chassis leg, which is a slam panel mounting point iirc.

I've got full Rallye pipework. However, aftermarket U-bends can be bought for about £90 then you can get the silicone versions of the boost hoses and I believe there is someone making metal versions of the solid pipe which holds the CO pot, so it's all quite doable, just not cheap. You can just make up your own of course using a mixture of Corrado intercooler pipes and stuff from autosiliconehoses :)